Subject: [Doh] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on charter-ietf-doh-00-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 23:19:13 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-doh-00-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-doh/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(I would be a Yes, but I don't want to be the first one)

Thanks to everyone for the spirited review to date. I think the changes are
headed the right direction. I trust that will continue.

I have one nit. In this text,

"The specification of how to discover DOH servers via mechanisms currently used
to discover other DNS servers (e.g., DHCP and Router Advertisements) may be
considered by the working group if the chairs determine that a sufficiently
large mass of working group participants exist who are willing to edit and
comment on documents regarding such mechanisms."

is "large" the best word to describe what you're expecting the chairs to be
assessing?

:-)

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:25:57 +1000

> comment on documents regarding such mechanisms."

I would observe that you can't use the same mechanisms, but you might
use similar ones.  And truncation might address Spencers "large"
observation.

"The working groups may define mechanisms for discovery of DOH servers
similar to those existing mechanisms discovering other DNS servers if
the chairs determine that there is both sufficient interest and
working group consensus."

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:10:56 -0500

> working group consensus."

Thanks again, Martin, for helping to make the charter more concise. I've 
adopted your text.

/a