Subject: Re: [Doh] Running code

From: - goto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 03:07:52 +0900

Hi Ben Schwartz and DOH wg folks

https://dns.google.com/experimental is great work !

so, I have a question about error handlings.

if client sends an invalid request like a below, Server responses a html
(Content-Type: text/html) to Client.
curl "https://dns.google.com/experimental?ct&body=Invalid" -H
"accept:application/dns-udpwireformat, application/simpledns+json"

I think there are some options
- request with "accept: */*" : server can responses a html with 400 status
code
- request with "accept:application/dns-udpwireformat" : server responses
dns response with rcode=1 (HTTP status code is ???)

if my understanding is correct, It is not written in the specification
draft-02.

In any case, I think clarifying error handlings (and reration between HTTP
status code and DNS rcode) is reasonable in the spec. Is this out of scope
of the spec?

thanks,

Yuki