Subject: [Dots] FW: I-D Action: draft-teague-dots-protocol-00.txt

From: "Teague, Nik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 21:19:54 +0000

Hi,

Please see the below referenced protocol draft.  

We welcome feedback as always and hope that this draft may lead to some stimulating discussion both on-list and in Seoul.

Thanks,

-Nik

On 31/10/2016, 21:15, "I-D-Announce on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

            Title           : DDoS Open Threat Signaling Protocol
            Authors         : Nik Teague
                              Andrew Mortensen
    	Filename        : draft-teague-dots-protocol-00.txt
    	Pages           : 39
    	Date            : 2016-10-31
    
    Abstract:
       This document describes Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Open
       Threat Signaling (DOTS), a signaling protocol for requesting and
       managing mitigation of DDoS attacks.
    
       DOTS mitigation requests over the signal channel permit domains to
       signal the need for help fending off DDoS attacks, setting the scope
       and duration of the requested mitigation.  Elements called DOTS
       servers field the signals for help, and enable defensive
       countermeasures to defend against the attack reported by the clients,
       reporting the status of the delegated defense to the requesting
       clients.  DOTS clients additionally may use the data channel to
       manage filters and black- and white-lists to restrict or allow
       traffic to the clients' domains arbitrarily.
    
       The DOTS signal channel may operate over UDP [RFC0768] and if
       necessary TCP [RFC0793].  This revision discusses a transport-
       agnostic approach to this channel, focusing on the message exchanges
       and delegating transport specifics to other documents.  The DOTS data
       channel operates over HTTPS or a transport with similar reliability,
       interaction and security characteristics.

    The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-teague-dots-protocol/
    
    There's also a htmlized version available at:
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-teague-dots-protocol-00

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
    
    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
    ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
    
    _______________________________________________
    I-D-Announce mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
    Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
    or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt