Subject: Re: [Dots] WGLC on DOTS Requirements

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 14:23:22 -0500

Greetings

I have reviewed the -09 version of the Requirements draft. I found a 
couple of nits, which I have submitted a Pull Request for separately (I 
will let the authors decide how/if they want to address those). I also 
found two minor issues that I would like to see addressed:

1) SIG-007 says that URI mitigation scope support is OPTIONAL, but then 
goes on to say that DOTS servers MUST be able to resolve URIs. This 
seems inconsistent.

2) SEC-002 says:
<quote>
For example, when a DOTS gateway
   consisting of a DOTS server and DOTS client is running on the same 
logical
   device, they must be within the same process security boundary.
</quote>
I think this is overly prescriptive, and even though the must is a 
lower-case, I think we should delete this whole sentence. Alternatively 
we could make it much weaker by reprasing this as one possible 
implementation option, e.g.:
<suggestion>
For example, when a DOTS gateway consisting of a DOTS server and DOTS 
client is running on the same logical device, the two DOTS agents could 
be implemented within the same process security boundary.
</suggestion>

Other than that, I think the draft is ready for Publication Request.

Thanks

-- Flemming

On 12/7/17 3:50 PM, Roman Danyliw wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Consistent with our discussion at the Singapore meeting and with the concurrence of the draft authors, we are starting a working group last call (WGLC) for the DOTS Requirements draft:
>
> Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Open Threat Signaling Requirements
> draft-ietf-dots-requirements-08
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-requirements-08
>
> Please send all comments to the DOTS mailing list.
>
> This WGLC will end on January 2, 2018 (~3 weeks to account for end-of-the-calendar year vacations).
>
> Thanks,
> Roman
>
> _______________________________________________
> Dots mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dots
> .
>