Subject: [Dots] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase-00.txt

From: H Y <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:59:39 +0900

Hi, all,

I revised my draft "draft-h-dots-mitigation-offload-expansion-00".

Main points of modifications are as below.
1) I withdrew my expansion of signal channel and I concentrated to
write about use case, especially DMS offload use case. It was because
I wanted this draft to become WG item as extended use case draft
firstly.
2) I added problem section to clarify the problems to be solved.
3) I divided DMS offload use case into two case based on ML discussion
with Tiru. One is that the DMS sends mitigation request to the
orchestrator via out-of-band link, and the other one is that the DMS
sends it via in-band link.

I am demonstrating PoC of the "out-of-band" usecase using DOTS Data
Channel ACL with latest go-dots. I will make a presentation about it
in IETF 104.

Thanks,
Yuhei

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2019年3月8日(金) 23:29
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase-00.txt
To: Yuhei Hayashi <[email-masked]>, Mohamed Boucadair
<[email-masked]>, Kaname Nishizuka <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yuhei Hayashi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase
Revision:       00
Title:          DDoS Mitigation Offload: A DOTS Applicability Use Case
Document date:  2019-03-08
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hayashi-dots-dms-offload-usecase

Abstract:
   This document describes the applicability of DOTS to a DDoS
   mitigation offload use case.  This use case assumes that a DMS (DDoS
   Mitigation System) whose utilization rate is high sends its blocked
   traffic information to an orchestrator using DOTS protocols, then the
   orchestrator requests forwarding nodes such as routers to filter the
   traffic.  Doing so enables service providers to mitigate DDoS attack
   traffic automatically while ensuring interoperability and distributed
   filter enforcement.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
----------------------------------
Yuuhei HAYASHI
08065300884
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
----------------------------------