Subject: [Dots] Availability of a DOTS public test server

From: "Jon Shallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 14:54:08 -0000

Hi there,

This is to confirm that I have a DOTS server that can be publically accessed
for testing.

The current versions of the drafts that are supported are:-

draft-ietf-dots-signal-channel-39

draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-31

draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-07

draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-02

draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-07

with the following caveats

application/dots+cbor has not yet been defined, so currently using 60
(application/cbor)

For signal-filter-control, CBOR Key 52 is used to not clash with
signal-channel CBOR keys.

The DOTS server (signal) is available at dotsserver.ddos-secure.net port
4646 (both UDP and TCP)

The DOTS server (data) is available at dotsserver.ddos-secure.net port 443
(both UDP and TCP) (SNI required)

The Call Home DOTS client is available at dotsserver.ddos-secure.net port
4647 (both UDP and TCP)

To access using PKI, Certificates are the same as used by godots and are
available from https://github.com/nttdots/go-dots/tree/master/certs.

To access the DOTS server, you need to use client-cert.pem and
client-key.pem

To access the Call Home DOTS client, you need to use server-cert.pem and
server-key.pem.

Alternatively, using PSK, the Pre-Shared Key is 12345678  and the DOTS
client Identity must be client.example.server.com .

It is possible to set the configuration up as a DOTS gateway, but your DOTS
server needs to be pre-configured so that traffic can be gatewayed to it, as
well as use a different client key that has a different common name (but
created from the same godots CA) so traffic can be differentiated from that
using client-cert.pem which access the DOTS server only.

The local DOTS server will accept mitigation requests for 1.1.1.69,
1.1.1.71, 1.1.2.0/24 and 2001:db8:6401::/96.

Diagnostic messages should be self-explanatory as to what the (perceived)
issue is.

It is possible that there may be brief outages whenever the s/w is updated.

Regards

Jon

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 11:40:15 -0800

Hi Jon,

That is very cool to see -- thank you!

-Ben

> _______________________________________________
> Dots mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dots

---

From: "Xialiang (Frank, Network Standard & Patent Dept)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 01:34:28 +0000

Hi Jon,
Thanks for the valuable implementation work, which is really helpful for the whole spec design.

B.R.
Frank

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Dots [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Benjamin Kaduk
发送时间: 2019年12月9日 3:40
收件人: Jon Shallow <[email-masked]>
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: Re: [Dots] Availability of a DOTS public test server

Hi Jon,

-Ben

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 02:54:08PM -0000, Jon Shallow wrote:
> Hi there,
> 
>  
> 
> This is to confirm that I have a DOTS server that can be publically 
> accessed for testing.
> 
>  
> 
> The DOTS server (data) is available at dotsserver.ddos-secure.net port 
> 443 (both UDP and TCP) (SNI required)
> 
> To access using PKI, Certificates are the same as used by godots and 
> are available from https://github.com/nttdots/go-dots/tree/master/certs.
> 
> To access the Call Home DOTS client, you need to use server-cert.pem 
> and server-key.pem.
> 
>  
> 
> It is possible to set the configuration up as a DOTS gateway, but your 
> DOTS server needs to be pre-configured so that traffic can be 
> gatewayed to it, as well as use a different client key that has a 
> different common name (but created from the same godots CA) so traffic 
> can be differentiated from that using client-cert.pem which access the DOTS server only.
> 
>  
> 
> Diagnostic messages should be self-explanatory as to what the 
> (perceived) issue is.
> 
>  
>