Subject: [Dots] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-11.txt> (Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 12:14:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG (dots)
to consider the following document: - 'Distributed Denial-of-Service Open
Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal
   Channel Call Home'
  <draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-11-12. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the DOTS signal channel Call Home, which
   enables a Call Home DOTS server to initiate a secure connection to a
   Call Home DOTS client, and to receive attack traffic information from
   the Call Home DOTS client.  The Call Home DOTS server in turn uses
   the attack traffic information to identify compromised devices
   launching outgoing DDoS attacks and take appropriate mitigation
   action(s).

   The DOTS signal channel Call Home is not specific to home networks;
   the solution targets any deployment in which it is required to block
   DDoS attack traffic closer to the source(s) of a DDoS attack.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home";

   o  "| [RFCXXXX] |"

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   Please update this statement with the RFC number to be assigned to
   the following documents:

   o  "RFC YYYY: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification" (used to be I-D.ietf-dots-
      rfc8782-bis)

   Please update TBD/TBA statements with the assignments made by IANA to
   DOTS Signal Channel Call Home.

   Also, please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3825/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3337/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4405/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3318/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification (None - IETF stream)