Subject: [dtn-security] CFP: SOSOC 2008 - Security in Opportunistic and Social Networks
From: Melek Onen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:57:44 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: DTN Security Discussion <dtn-security.mailman.dtnrg.org>

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

           ************************************************************
           *                                                          *
           *                        SOSOC 2008                        *
           *                                                          *
           *                International Workshop on                 *
           *      Security in Opportunistic and SOCial Networks       *
           *                                                          *
           *           September 22, 2008, Istanbul, Turkey           *
           *               (as part of SecureComm 2008)               *
           *                                                          *
           *                  http://www.sosoc.org                    *
           *                                                          *
           ************************************************************

                                Call for papers
                               *****************

Opportunistic Networks are considered as an evolution of the Mobile
Ad-hoc Networking paradigm, in which the assumption of an existing
end-to-end connectivity is relaxed. The evolving topologies are expected
to resemble the actual social networks of the communicating users and
information on their characteristics can be a powerful aid for any
network operation. Online services that assist social networks (facebook,
linkedin, xing, etc.) in consequence are able to provide additional
information on contacts and their relations. The lack of end-to-end
connectivity and the use of personal information for the networking
operations raise entirely new privacy concerns and require new reflections
on security problems.

The aim of this workshop is to encompass research advances in all areas of
security, trust and privacy in Opportunistic and Social Networks.

=============================
Topics of Interest
=============================

- new aspects of trust
- privacy concerns
- availability and resilience
- community based secure communication
- data confidentiality, data integrity
- anonymity, pseudonymity
- key management
- secure bootstrapping
- security issues in forwarding, routing
- security aspects regarding cooperation
- reputation systems for opportunistic/social networks
- new security issues, new attack paradigms
- new requirements for software security
- malware analysis in opportunistic/social networks

=============================
Important Dates
=============================

Submission deadline:      July 7, 2008
Notification date:        August 18, 2008
Camera ready submission:  September 1, 2008

=============================
Submission instructions
=============================

Submission website: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sosoc2008

Submissions must be made in PDF to the submission website. Paper
submissions must not exceed 10 pages in ACM proceedings style.
They should be thoroughly edited and read as though written by an
English native speaker. All submitted papers will be judged based
on their quality through double-blind reviewing. Authors' names
must not appear in the paper.

=============================
Technical Program Committee
=============================

Önen, Melek           EURECOM, France (co-chair)
Strufe, Thorsten      EURECOM, France (co-chair)

Blass, Erik-Oliver    EURECOM, France
Cavallaro, Lorenzo    UCSB, USA
Conti, Mauro          Università di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
Crowcroft, Jon        University of Cambridge, UK
Dacier, Marc          Symantec, France
Di Pietro, Roberto    Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
Eichhorn, Alexander   Simula, Norway
Hecker, Artur         TELECOM ParisTech, France
Levi, Albert          Sabanci University, Turkey
Molva, Refik          EURECOM, France
Noubir, Guevara       North Eastern University, USA
Rohner, Christian     Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
Roudier, Yves         EURECOM, France
Schäfer, Günter       TU Ilmenau, Germany
Ioannidis, Sotiris    FORTH, Greece