Subject: Re: [dtn-users] problem with xerces when building DTN on OSX
From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:49:44 -0700
List-Id: Discussion list for users of the DTN reference implementation <dtn-users.mailman.dtnrg.org>

Yes, this is the correct mailing list.

It looks like you've got a conflict between an installed version of  
the library (in /usr/local/lib) and your specified location, which  
presumably is another installation.

You should either just use the installed version and not pass the -- 
with-xerces-c argument, or prune the conflicting libraries from /usr/ 
local/lib.

Also, I personally have not done any testing with a non-system  
installation of xerces, so there may be bugs there, but others on the  
list may have.

-m

On Oct 31, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Mikko Juhani Pitkaenen wrote:

>
> Hello,
>
> First, I hope this is the right list...
>
> I have tried to build the latest tar.gz distribution
> (2.5.0) on OSX 10.4(x86). './configure' runs nice with
> relocated xerces, but with 'make' threre are some problems.
>
> I started the configure with:
>
> ./configure --with-xerces-c=/Users/mjpitka2/xerces-c_2_8_0-x86- 
> macosx-gcc_4_0
>
> you can find the log from here:
>
> http://users.tkk.fi/~mjpitka2/temp/config.log
>
> And make ends with this kind of problems:
>
> xercesc_2_8::XMLUni::fgSGXMLScanner referenced from
> liboasys expected to be defined in /usr/local/lib/libxerces-c.28.dylib
>
> full output of make can be seen here:
>
> http://users.tkk.fi/~mjpitka2/temp/make.log
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Mikko Pitkanen
>
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

Keywords: CERN SpamKiller Note: -49 Charset: west-latin
Keywords: CERN SpamKiller Note: -49 Charset: west-latin
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:45:54 +0100
From: "Mikko Juhani Pitkaenen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] problem with xerces when building DTN on OSX

Hello,

First, I hope this is the right list...

I have tried to build the latest tar.gz distribution 
(2.5.0) on OSX 10.4(x86). './configure' runs nice with 
relocated xerces, but with 'make' threre are some problems. 

I started the configure with:

./configure --with-xerces-c=/Users/mjpitka2/xerces-c_2_8_0-x86-macosx-gcc_4_0

you can find the log from here:

http://users.tkk.fi/~mjpitka2/temp/config.log

And make ends with this kind of problems:

xercesc_2_8::XMLUni::fgSGXMLScanner referenced from 
liboasys expected to be defined in /usr/local/lib/libxerces-c.28.dylib

full output of make can be seen here:

http://users.tkk.fi/~mjpitka2/temp/make.log

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mikko Pitkanen

From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:18:56 -0700
To: Yung-Ti Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Ethernet Convergence Layer

--Apple-Mail-1--61228630
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=WINDOWS-1252;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Unfortunately the Ethernet convergence layer has not been attended to =20=

for some time and there are currently some bugs with it, specifically =20=

with respect to the link discovery mechanism which explains the error =20=

message that you're seeing.

The same can be said for the neighborhood router, and actually I plan =20=

to remove the neighborhood router support from the code in a future =20
release, since there is no-one who is interested in maintaining it, =20
and you can use the 'dtlsr' code instead for a more fully-featured =20
implementation.

You might have more luck using ALWAYSON links, or alternatively using =20=

either the UDP or TCP convergence layers.

-mike

On Oct 21, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Yung-Ti Chen wrote:

> It seems that there=92s a little mistake in Ethernet Convergence =20
> Layer.  I
> found the comment in EthConvergenceLayer.h writing:
>
> To add an ethernet interface in your config file, use:
> interface add eth string://eth0
>
> But, the command isn=92t work.  I find out the right command to add an
> ethernet interface is:
>
> interface add string://eth0 eth
>
> ----
>
> I have a question about the ethernet interface.  After adding ethernet
> interface at two nodes and setting the routing is =93neighborhood=94, =20=

> error
> messages show:
>
> XXX/demmer to something about link availability
>
> Using the =93route dump=94 can see the link and node is found, but
> unavailable.
>
> eth://(MacAddress) *.*   111->opportunistic   FORWARD     0      =20
> [1800  25  0]
> Links:
> opportunustic-0 [(MacAddress) eth:// (MacAddress) OPPORTUNISTIC eth
> state=3DUNAVAILABLE]
>
>
> I want to ask for help why the link is unavailable.  Thanks!
>
>
> sincerely,
> Yung-Ti Chen
>
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

--Apple-Mail-1--61228630
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=WINDOWS-1252

<html><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">
<div><br class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div><div>Unfortunately the =
Ethernet convergence layer has not been attended to for some time and =
there are currently some bugs with it, specifically with respect to the =
link discovery mechanism which explains the error message that you're =
seeing.</div><div><br class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div><div>The =
same can be said for the neighborhood router, and actually I plan to =
remove the neighborhood router support from the code in a future =
release, since there is no-one who is interested in maintaining it, and =
you can use the 'dtlsr' code instead for a more fully-featured =
implementation.</div><div><br =
class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div><div>You might have more luck =
using ALWAYSON links, or alternatively using either the UDP or TCP =
convergence layers.=A0</div><div><br =
class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div><div>-mike</div><br><div><div>On =
Oct 21, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Yung-Ti Chen wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite">It seems =
that there=92s a little mistake in Ethernet Convergence Layer.=A0 =
I<br>found the comment in EthConvergenceLayer.h writing:<br><br>To add =
an ethernet interface in your config file, use:<br>interface add eth =
string://eth0<br><br>But, the command isn=92t work.=A0 I find out the =
right command to add an<br>ethernet interface is:<br><br>interface add =
string://eth0 eth<br><br>----<br><br>I have a question about the =
ethernet interface.=A0 After adding ethernet<br>interface at two nodes =
and setting the routing is =93neighborhood=94, error<br>messages =
show:<br><br>XXX/demmer to something about link =
availability<br><br>Using the =93route dump=94 can see the link and node =
is found, but<br>unavailable.<br><br>eth://(MacAddress) *.*=A0=A0 =
111-&gt;opportunistic=A0=A0 FORWARD=A0=A0=A0=A0 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 [1800=A0 =
25=A0 0]<br>Links:<br>opportunustic-0 [(MacAddress) eth:// (MacAddress) =
OPPORTUNISTIC eth <br>state=3DUNAVAILABLE]<br><br><br>I want to ask for =
help why the link is unavailable.=A0 =
Thanks!<br><br><br>sincerely,<br>Yung-Ti Chen<br> <div><font =
size=3D"2"></font>=A0</div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">_______________________________________________</div><div =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">dtn-users mailing list</div><div style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a=
></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: =
0px; margin-left: 0px; "><a =
href=3D"http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users">ht=
tp://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users</a></div> =
</blockquote></div><br></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-1--61228630--

From: "Yung-Ti Chen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 00:58:20 +0800
Subject: [dtn-users] Ethernet Convergence Layer

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01C0_01C81446.A3C91630
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------=_NextPart_000_01C0_01C81446.A3C91630
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------=_NextPart_000_01C0_01C81446.A3C91630--

From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:37:28 -0700
To: dtn-interest <[email-masked]>, dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] DTN reference implementation release 2.5.0

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the 2.5.0 release of the DTN2 reference  
implementation. The most recent excerpt from the RELEASE-NOTES is  
included below.

As always, this release is available at http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki/Code.

Happy bundling!
-mike

---

2.5.0 (October 2007)
-------------------
- Integrated support for the Bundle Security Protocol blocks,
   contributed by SPARTA.

- Using SWIG, added bindings to export a version of the application
   interface to different scripting languages, currently supporting
   Tcl, Python, and Perl.

- Implemented a polling feature in the API so applications can use
   select() to wait for bundle arrivals on the IPC handle.

- Added a dtnhttpproxy application to route http requests over a DTN
   network.

- Add a feature to the routing table to allow routes to point to
   alternate endpoint id instead of only a next hop link.

- Fixed the compilation errors in the 2.4.0 release when trying to
   build external components. Changed the default configuration for
   these components to be enabled by default to avoid this oversight in
   the future.

- Fixed the rpm specification file so the rpm builds work again.

- Minor miscelleneous other bug fixes and features.

From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:54:46 -0700
To: dtn-interest <[email-masked]>, dtn-dev <[email-masked]>, dtn-users <[email-masked]>, dtn-security <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] dtnrg.org transition complete

We've moved the wiki site and mailing lists over to a new server, and  
things appear to be working fine now.

We've preserved all list subscriptions, though as you may have  
noticed from the mailman messages, everyone has a newly allocated  
mailman password. Also, options relating to message formats and  
digests need to be re-applied on the new mailing list server.

Please contact me if you run into any problems with the new  
configuration.

-mike