Subject: [dtn-users] dtn-2.8.0 & oasys-1.5.0 release

From: Alex McMahon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:50:50 +0100

Continuing with the release of DTN-2.8.0 and oasys-1.5.0 mentioned a couple of months ago [1], a version 2.8.0 release of DTN2 is available at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dtn/files/DTN2/dtn-2.8.0/ and a 1.5.0 release of oasys is available at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dtn/files/oasys/oasys-1.5.0/

dtn-2.8.0 is also be available at the DTNRG SourceForge mercurial repository: http://dtn.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/dtn/DTN2 and oasys-1.5.0 is accessible at:
http://dtn.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/dtn/oasys

The most recent excerpt from the RELEASE-NOTES is
included below. Highlights include:

2.8.0 (August 2011)
-----------------

- Added the ability for the DTN2 router component to modify
locally-generated bundles before
  they are delivered to local registrations (destination applications
that use the same DTN2
  daemon as the sender).

- Added support for transactionalized access to the DTN2 database used
to store metadata
  (bundle headers and application registration information).

- Added support for ODBC databases as a peer to the other database types
provided with
  the base open-source distribution (e.g. file-based, BerkeleyDB).

- Added support for flexible and efficient synchronization to disk,
allowing the
  implementation to run in ACI (atomicity, consistency, isolation) mode
with
  synchronization to disk (ACID mode) with every Nth transaction.

- For the ODBC database implementation, added support for loading
external (non-DTN2)
  schema for on database initialization.

- Ensured that all required data structures are in fact synchronized to
disk.

- Added the ability for applications to acknowledge receipt of bundles
to the DTN2 stack.

- Added support for a class of DTN router-private (or any DTN
component-private) event types.

- Augmented the DTN2 application registration mechanism to allow
applications to provide their
  own unique token on registration (to support applications with no
local storage).

- Modified the oasys locking and debugging infrastructure to allow
non-oasys threads to take
  locks without hanging the debugging machinery.

- Added support for nested event processing.

- Changed DTN2's DAEMON_SHUTDOWN event to NOT be a daemon-only event.

- Fixed a bug in the bundle find functions to prevent problems searching
for bundles that are in
  the process of being deleted.

- Fixed a bug in the bundle metadata processing to ensure that metadata
blocks for locally-
  generated bundles are correctly restored when the DTN2 daemon is
restarted.

- Fixed a bug in the DTN2 IP Discovery module that was setting the
socket options incorrectly 
  (more specifically, setting the correct option for the wrong socket)
and generating copious 
  warnings in the log file.

- miscellaneous bug fixes

- dtnd-control augmentations for query of dtnd

- Support for the age extension block
draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-age-block-01

- Logging changes from the N4C summer 2010 trials. Facilitates tracing a
bundle across multiple 
  nodes without debug logging by providing bundle creation time. 

- IPN naming scheme support

- Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE) support

- Update file/class/internal names to BSP draft

- Addition of AX.25 Connected Mode CL and the SeqpacketConvergenceLayer
abstraction. 

~Alex

[1] http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/DTNRG.html

_______________________________________________
dtn-users mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users