Subject: [dtn-users] dtn log timing

From: Meisuchi Naisuty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:44:17 -0700

hi..
in the dtn log file... here is a line
[1334455785.718674 /dtn/bundle/daemon info] BUNDLE_TRANSMITTED id:8152
(1141 bytes_sent/1141 reliable) -> link13 (192.168.1.2:4556)
1334455785.718674 --> it is timing in milisecond?

appriciate your answer :D

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:56:54 +0100 (IST)

Hi,

This is the epoch time. You should be able to convert it to a more
readable time using the date command. Perl & Python also have some useful
date libraries for this kind of conversion.

If you just want a quick answer you could use the online calculator:
http://www.epochconverter.com/

Regards,
Aidan

> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:53:28 +0100

HI.

In  recent versions of DTN2 there is the 'S10' logging that incorporates 
more readable time strings.  TCD incorporated this precisely because it 
was difficult to track bundles in a real world situation and know their 
timing,

See DTN2/servlib/bundling/S10logging.h/.cc.  Set up logging to do at 
least info level logging for /S10 (see
DTN2/doc/logging.txt).

Regards,
Elwyn

On 25/04/12 09:56, [email-masked] wrote:
> readable time using the date command. Perl&  Python also have some useful