Subject: [dtn-users] ibr-dtn and dtn2 data exchange

From: Dimitrios Giotas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 02:10:03 +0300

Hello,

I am tryng to use dtnsend/recv between a laptop that runs ibrdtn and
another that runs dtn2.

When I use the following commads

On IBR : dtnsend dtn://hp/filetransfer /home/ibrdtn/...

On Dtn2 : dtnrecv dtn://dell/filetransfer

I get the following error in the dtn2 daemon :

[1373409728.490016 /dtn/bundle/extblock/aeb info] consume() begin
[1373409728.490091 /dtn/bundle/extblock/aeb info] oasys::Time now():
3315161066
[1373409728.490128 /dtn/bundle/extblock/aeb info] Bundle Age: 2576
[1373409728.490157 /dtn/bundle/extblock/aeb info] consume() end
[1373409728.490493 /dtn/bundle/protocol info] handle_bundle_received: begin
[1373409728.490562 /S10 info] 2013-07-09
22:42:08,1373409728.490538,dtn://dell,RX,4,dtn://hp/routing,426717728.4,dtn://dell/routing,60,,
10.0.0.228:4556,,,0.000000,,0,link
[1373409728.490699 /dtn/bundle/daemon info] BUNDLE_RECEIVED bundle id 36
[dtn://hp/routing -> dtn://dell/routing 4 byte payload] prevhop dtn://hp
(74 bytes recvd)
[1373409728.490745 /dtn/bundle/daemon info] handle_bundle_received:
validating bundle: calling BlockProcessors?
[1373409728.490771 /dtn/bundle/protocol info] BundleProtocol::validate begin
[1373409728.490794 /dtn/bundle/protocol info] validating each individual
blocks
[1373409728.490824 /dtn/bundle/protocol info] BundleProtocol::validate end
[1373409728.490854 /dtn/bundle/expiration info] adding bundle to pending
list
[1373409728.505117 /dtn/bundle/expiration info] [AEB]: AgeBlock exists.
[1373409728.505217 /dtn/bundle/expiration info] [AEB]: expiring in
4294964780 seconds
[1373409728.505266 /dtn/bundle/expiration warning] scheduling IMMEDIATE
expiration for bundle id 36: [expiration 60, creation time 426717728.4,
offset 946684800, now 1373409728.505098]
[1373409728.505458 /dtn/bundle/daemon info] BUNDLE_EXPIRED bundle id 36
[dtn://hp/routing -> dtn://dell/routing 4 byte payload]

Basically it immediately deletes the bundle, because of faulty timestamp if
I get this right.
Any ideas on what might be causing that and how to fix it?
Thank you.

Regards
Dimitris Giotas

---

From: Lana Black <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 23:55:07 +0000

> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

Hi,

First check that clocks on both machines are synchronized. If that is
not an issue, check that the bundle sent really has an invalid timestamp
(wireshark may can handy at this point). If the timestamp is valid, then
it is DTN bug, otherwise check with IBR developers.

With best regards.

---

From: Lana Black <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:42:15 +0000

On 03:05 Wed 10 Jul     , Dimitrios Giotas wrote:
> Well they are synchronized.
> 
> What troubles me is that when i run the ibr daemon with the timestamp
> option i get almost identical times in both daemons. I am currently getting
> 1373414296,... in both. However in both daemons i get that the bundle was
> created in 426819496 which plus the offset 946684800 is less than the
> current time. Therefore the bundle is dropped immediately.
> I guess that makes the bundles timestamp invalid right?
> 
> Do you know a way to make the dtn2 daemon disregard the timestamps?
> 
> Thank you for your fast reply.
> 
> Regards
> Dimitris

Actually, 426819496 corresponds to Jul 12, 1983, which plus the offset
will be Jul 11, 2013, which is tomorrow. Disregarding the age block can
be done with 'block set age_inbound_processing false' command,
although I strongly suggest you to check the actual bundle contents
transmitted on the network to be sure this is not a DTN2 bug.