Subject: [dtn-users] dtniptunnel

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:17:48 +0400

Hello,

I have written an application for dtn2 that makes possible transmitting IP
packets inside DTN bundles. It is much simpler than dtntunnel that works
with TCP and UDP packets.

dtniptunnel uses TUNTAP driver to create a virtual network interface and
then access it from user space through a file descriptor (FD). So
dtniptunnel just reads IP packets from a FD and wraps them in bundles. It
also writes IP packets received from DTN to the same FD.

Current implementation of dtniptunnel is Linux-only, it will not compile on
other platforms. However there are TUNTAP driver implementations for
Windows, BSD, MacOS X and Solaris, so it is possible to make code portable.

I have also compared performance of dtntunnel, dtniptunnel and
dtnsend/dtnrecv, see the attached performance.pdf.

Please, review dtniptunnel code and include it into dtn2 distribution if
possible.

-- 
Best regards,
Sergey Sireskin