Subject: [dtn-users] DTN2 build failures on Debian Squeeze based distros on multiple architectures.

From: Darren Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:57:17 +0100

Hi.

I'm having a problem with building DTN2 from the repo tip on some
machines. The sheevaplug (ARM) and the VPS(x86) are both running Debian
Squeeze and the netbook is running Crunchbang Statler, a Squeeze
derivative (x86). The DTN2 build fails on all three of them. Building
succeeds on two other hosts, one running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and the other
on 12.10, both x86_64.

The build fails like so:
----------
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/darren/src/DTN2/servlib'
g++ -g -fno-inline -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "security/cms_structs.o
security/cms_structs.E" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I.. -I/home/darren/src/DTN2/oasys/include
-I/home/darren/src/DTN2/oasys/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib
-I/usr/include/tcl8.5 -Wall -W -Wcast-align -c security/cms_structs.cc
-o security/cms_structs.o
In file included from security/cms_structs.cc:3:
security/cms_structs.h:546: error: expected constructor, destructor, or
type conversion before ‘}’ token
security/cms_structs.cc:96: warning: unused parameter ‘it’
security/cms_structs.cc:96: warning: unused parameter ‘exarg’
security/cms_structs.cc:110: error: invalid conversion from ‘int
(*)(int, ASN1_VALUE**, const ASN1_ITEM*, void*)’ to ‘int (*)(int,
ASN1_VALUE**, const ASN1_ITEM*)’
security/cms_structs.cc:223: warning: unused parameter ‘it’
security/cms_structs.cc:223: warning: unused parameter ‘exarg’
security/cms_structs.cc:250: error: invalid conversion from ‘int
(*)(int, ASN1_VALUE**, const ASN1_ITEM*, void*)’ to ‘int (*)(int,
ASN1_VALUE**, const ASN1_ITEM*)’
security/cms_structs.cc:346: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before
‘ASN1_NDEF_SEQUENCE_END_cb’
make[1]: *** [security/cms_structs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/darren/src/DTN2/servlib'
make: *** [servlib] Error 2
----------
Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? I can't see anything
obvious.

Cheers,

Darren

---

From: Lana Black <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:03:09 +0000

On 14:57 Tue 06 Aug     , Darren Long wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

Hi Darren,

What gcc version do you use? I'll try to investigate this later this
week.

With best regards.

---

From: Darren Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 21:07:07 +0100

Hi Lana,

It is failing to build with gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8) on all
three machines with issues.

With gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) and gcc version
4.7.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) it is OK.

Cheers,

Darren