Subject: [dtn] Announcing: Public Key Distribution Network (PKDN)

From: "I-Viswanathan, Kapaleeswaran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:31:17 +0000

Hello everyone:

An Internet Draft for distributing public key certificates and revocation information in a delay and disruption tolerant manner has been submitted and published. It assumes availability of point-to-point communications. 

Please take a look at it and feel free to let us know your thoughts for improving the document so that it can contribute well to the DTN community. 

The Internet Draft is at the following URLs. 
Text: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-viswanathan-dtnwg-pkdn/  
HTML: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-viswanathan-dtnwg-pkdn-00 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards
Kapali Viswanathan

Begin Announcement on I-D-Announce ([email-masked]) mailing list >>>
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title: 		Architecture for a Delay-and-Disruption Tolerant Public-Key Distribution Network (PKDN)
        Authors: 		Kapali Viswanathan
                          	    	Fred L. Templin
        Filename: 		draft-viswanathan-dtnwg-pkdn-00.txt
        Pages: 		18
        Date: 		2015-08-28

Abstract:
   Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) introduces a network model
   in which communications can be subject to long delays and/or
   intermittent connectivity.  DTN specifies the use of public-key
   cryptography to secure the confidentiality and integrity of messages
   in transit.  The use of public-key cryptography posits the need for
   certification of public keys and revocation of certificates.  This
   document formally defines the DTN key management problem and then
   provides a high-level design solution for delay and disruption
   tolerant distribution and revocation of public-key certificates along
   with relevant design options and recommendations for design choices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-viswanathan-dtnwg-pkdn/ 

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-viswanathan-dtnwg-pkdn-00 

<<< End Announcement