Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:42:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Brian Sipos
                          Michael Demmer
                          Joerg Ott
                          Simon Perreault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-05.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2017-12-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a revised protocol for the TCP-based
   convergence layer (TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The
   protocol revision is based on implementation issues in the original
   TCPCL Version 3 and updates to the Bundle Protocol contents,
   encodings, and convergence layer requirements in Bundle Protocol
   Version 7.  Specifically, the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7 bundles
   as its service data unit being transported and provides a reliable
   transport of such bundles.  Several new IANA registries are defined
   for TCPCLv4 which define some behaviors inherited from TCPCLv3 but
   with updated encodings and/or semantics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 20:26:12 +0000

All,

This message is late in coming. The last submitted draft of the TCPCLv4 spec. is intended to address all of the comments received to-date. Specifically, those from Victoria Pritchard, Marius Feldmann, Matt Wronkiewicz, and Marco Kaulea. The latest two draft revisions have been correcting logical and typographical issues, and dealing with edge cases; the changes have not affected the nominal sequencing of the protocol or the message contents.

At this point, any further comments are welcome but I believe that the current spec. is implementable, in a robust way, as-written and provides a path for nodes to migrate from similarly-scoped TCPCLv3 implementations.

________________________________
From: dtn <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:42:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-05.txt

Abstract:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/
Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol ...<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/>
datatracker.ietf.org
Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4 (Internet-Draft, 2017)

_______________________________________________
dtn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:48:22 -0500

Thanks Brian,
  Would the reviewers confirm that this new version address their 
comments?

Regards, Marc.

On 29 Dec 2017, at 15:26, Brian Sipos wrote:

> All,
>
> This message is late in coming. The last submitted draft of the 
> TCPCLv4 spec. is intended to address all of the comments received 
> to-date. Specifically, those from Victoria Pritchard, Marius Feldmann, 
> Matt Wronkiewicz, and Marco Kaulea. The latest two draft revisions 
> have been correcting logical and typographical issues, and dealing 
> with edge cases; the changes have not affected the nominal sequencing 
> of the protocol or the message contents.
>
> At this point, any further comments are welcome but I believe that the 
> current spec. is implementable, in a robust way, as-written and 
> provides a path for nodes to migrate from similarly-scoped TCPCLv3 
> implementations.
>
>
> Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol 
> ...<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/>
> datatracker.ietf.org