Subject: Re: [EAI] help (eai implementation)

From: "YAO Jiankang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:13:55 +0800

here is reference: http://cslab.kr/eai-test/index.php/Main_Page 

the below link may contains the implementation about your country's implementations.

http://global-email.info/signup.php
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: arfan mansoor 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:50 PM
  Subject: [EAI] help

  Hello, i am new to list. We are doing work for Urdu (Pakistan language) EAI. I want to know progress about other languages, has any one implemented this successfully and at what level this implementation is possible?

  Regards 
  Arfan Mansoor

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  _______________________________________________
  IMA mailing list
  [email-masked]
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:55:09 +0900

Please note that EAI itself is completely language-independent.
An MUA (mail user agent, client side) that supports MUA can handle
mail addresses and other data in any script that can be encoded
with Unicode. Same for an MTA (mail transfer agent, server side).

What you need on the MUA side to truly support your language are
two things independent of EAI:
- The ability to display and edit characters used in your language.
  This may already be the case for MUAs that support EAI, because
  they will usually be based on MUAs that support using UTF-8 for
  mail content.
- Translation of user interface text, i.e. menues, help files and
  the like. The chance is high that an MUA implementing EAI already
  includes mechanisms for this, and that the user interface has
  already been translated into several languages (although yours
  may still be missing).

Regards,    Martin.

At 16:13 08/08/21, YAO Jiankang wrote:
>$B~=%=(B 
> 
>here is reference: <http://cslab.kr/eai-test/index.php/Main_Page>http://cslab.kr/eai-test/index.php/Main_Page 
> 
> 
><http://global-email.info/signup.php>http://global-email.info/signup.php
>From: <mailto:[email-masked]>arfan mansoor 
>To: <mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] 
>----------

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]