Subject: [eap] [Question] Is there an EAP method type for EAPOL Key descriptor?

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:46:54 +0900

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1FFA0.384A7AE0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="euc-kr"

Hello.

My name is Yousung Kang. I'm working for ETRI(Electronics and
Telecommunication Research Institute) in S.Korea. I'm poor in English, thus
execuse me for my raw expressions.

I have some questions for EAP Method types.

I read IEEE 802.1x of version approved 14 June 2001. In 8.5.5 Authenticator
Key Transmit state machine, txKey(x) is explained 'An EAPOL frame of type
EAP-Packet, containing an EAPOL Key packet is transmitted to the
Supplicant. The Identifier field of the EAP packet carries the value of x,
the argument to the procedure.'.  

Let me know how EAP-Packet(EAP-Request or EAP-Response) indicates EAPOL Key
packet. Is there a method type for indication EAPOL Key packet? If not,
must I use Vendor-specific type?

If there is a list for EAP method types, why don't you send me the list.

One more question, Are EAPOL Key packet and Key descriptor of Figure 7-3 in
802.1x spec same?

Thank you for your kind answer, in advance.

Best Regards.
Yousung Kang.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1FFA0.384A7AE0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="euc-kr"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Deuc-kr">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>[Question] Is there an EAP method type for EAPOL Key =
descriptor?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My name is Yousung Kang. I'm working for =
ETRI(Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute) in S.Korea. =
I'm poor in English, thus execuse me for my raw expressions.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have some questions for EAP Method types.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I read IEEE 802.1x of version approved 14 June 2001. =
In 8.5.5 Authenticator Key Transmit state machine, txKey(x) is =
explained 'An EAPOL frame of type EAP-Packet, containing an EAPOL Key =
packet is transmitted to the Supplicant. The Identifier field of the =
EAP packet carries the value of x, the argument to the =
procedure.'.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Let me know how EAP-Packet(EAP-Request or =
EAP-Response) indicates EAPOL Key packet. Is there a method type for =
indication EAPOL Key packet? If not, must I use Vendor-specific =
type?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If there is a list for EAP method types, why don't =
you send me the list.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>One more question, Are EAPOL Key packet and Key =
descriptor of Figure 7-3 in 802.1x spec same?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thank you for your kind answer, in advance.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Best Regards.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Yousung Kang.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1FFA0.384A7AE0--