Subject: [eap] IEEE 802.1aa/D3 ballot

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

IEEE 802.1aa is the 802.1X revision PAR within IEEE 802. They have issued
a revised IEEE 802.1X state machine in the 802.1aa/D3 revision, which is
closely linked to the EAP state machine.

Those interested in RFC 2284bis may wish to read the D3 revision. If you
have comments on it, let me know and we can arrange to have them submitted
as part of the balloting process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Jeffree [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mon 7/15/2002 8:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc:
Subject: Task Group ballot of P802.1aa/D3 - re-sent due to typo

This Email is attached to an official 802.1 Task Group ballot form for
P802.1aa/D3.  As this is Task Group ballot, as opposed to a full Working
Group ballot, all participants in the activities of the 802.1 Interworking
Task Group are entitled to submit a ballot, regardless of their voting
status in 802.1.

The closing date of this ballot is:

         26th August 2002

The PDF file of P802.1aa/D3 can be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/mirror/8021/aa-drafts/d3/802-1aa-d3.pdf

If you have any difficulty downloading or reading this file, let me know.

As is normal with such ballots, comments should specify not only what
problems have been identified with the text, but also what the commenter
proposes as a solution.

Any comments accompanying the ballot should be
presented using the following template:

NAME: <Your Name>
COMMENT TYPE: <TR (Technical, Required), T (Technical), ER (Editorial,
Required), or E (Editorial)>
CLAUSE: <Clause/subclause number>
PAGE: <Page number>
LINE: <Line Number>
COMMENT START:
<Details of comment>
COMMENT END:
SUGGESTED CHANGES START:
<Details of suggested changes>
SUGGESTED CHANGES END:

RETURNING YOUR BALLOT FORM
==========================
Your ballot must be returned to:

[email-masked]

You are requested to use (exactly!) the appropriate Subject line from
the following set when returning your ballot. Please send your ballot
with the Subject line explicitly set, rather than using the Reply
function in your mailer.
P802.1aa/D3 Ballot - Approve
P802.1aa/D3 Ballot - Comments (with approve)
P802.1aa/D3 Ballot - Disapprove
P802.1aa/D3 Ballot - Comments (with abstain)
P802.1aa/D3 Ballot - Abstain

Regards,
Tony Jeffree
802.1 Chair.

******************************
Ballot form follows.....
******************************
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: EMAIL ALL BALLOT RESPONSES ONLY TO: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
P802.1aa/D3 EMAIL BALLOT
15th July 2002
TO: Tony Jeffree
Editor, P802.1aa
SUBJECT: P802.1aa/D3 - 802.1X maintenance

_____ I Approve (may attach non-binding comments below)
_____ I Disapprove (must attach binding comments below)
_____ I Abstain for the following reasons (may attach non-binding comments
below):
______ Lack of Time
______ Lack of Expertise
______ Other: _______________________________________________

____________________________________________
(Name)
____________________________________________
(Telephone No.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCLUDE COMMENTS BELOW THIS POINT