Subject: [eap] Interim meeting of EAP WG?

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

It has been suggested that the EAP WG might have an interim meeting
in New Orleans on Tuesday, October 1, 2002. The meeting date and time have
been suggested so as to coincide with the IEEE 802.1 interim meeting in
New Orleans, occuring from Monday, September 30 through Friday October 4,
2002.

The goal for an interim meeting would be to go over the remaining RFC
2284bis issues, in order to prepare that document for WG last call, as
well as to sync up the EAP state machine proposals with the 802.1X
state machine revisions in progress with IEEE 802.1aa.

Is there interest in holding such an interim meeting? If so, how do people
feel about New Orleans as a location?

The prospective location is the Astor Crowne Plaza, French Quarter, 739
Canal St., New Orleans. EAP WG attendees would not have to register for
the IEEE meeting in order to attend. Info is available at:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/new_orleans.html

---

From: [email-masked] (John Vollbrecht)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:44:49 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------779ED4421C74C7348F4305D4
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am hoping this meeting will take place.  I have attached a writeup on
EAP that I hope will be useful in this context.   It describes EAP from
a slightly different perspective, with the intent of clarifying some
areas that are problems for me.  In the last section it has a number of
issues that I hope can be covered in the WG.  

John

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> eap mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap
--------------779ED4421C74C7348F4305D4
Content-Type: application/msword;
 name="A view of EAP.doc"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="A view of EAP.doc"

0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAeAAAAAAA
AAAAEAAAegAAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAHcAAAD/////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--------------779ED4421C74C7348F4305D4--