Subject: [eap] RE: Notification survey

From: [email-masked] (Jacques Caron)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:28:50 +0200

At 20:01 03/10/2002, Simon Barber wrote:
>Internationalization should not be an issue, since the user's location
>can be derived by other means, as long as the character set for messages
>is not restricted.

User location and user language are two quite different issues I believe, 
especially in a roaming context. But I guess once we have the identity, 
then it should be possible to store on the auth server the language to be 
used. However some way of stating the character set used would not 
necessarily be a bad idea.

>Once Notification is displayed will there be an issue with EAP-spam?
>EAP-Notification social engineering hacks?

That's the issue I hinted at when I talked about authentication of these 
messages. The problem is that in some cases legitimate messages might need 
to be sent before mutual authentication can be established :-(

Jacques.

-- Jacques Caron, IP Sector Technologies
    Join the discussion on public WLAN open global roaming:
    http://lists.ipsector.com/listinfo/openroaming