Subject: [eap] RE: Notification survey

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

For what it's worth,  here are some details on how Windows implements
Notification:

- EAP-Notification is out-of-band. The EAP layer automatically sends a
Notification Response; the Notification Request is not passed to the
currently running method.

- EAP-Notification can be sent at any time. There are no checks done when
the EAP-Notification arrives.

- Since EAP-Notification is not passed to the method, it does not result
in a state change.

- EAP Notification does not have support for internationalization. The
lack of language support means that there is no easy way to display a
message to the user in a language that they can be guaranteed to
understand.

- EAP-Notification does not result in a display to the user at present.

---

From: [email-masked] (Simon Barber)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:01:57 -0700

Internationalization should not be an issue, since the user's location
can be derived by other means, as long as the character set for messages
is not restricted.

Once Notification is displayed will there be an issue with EAP-spam?
EAP-Notification social engineering hacks?

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Bernard Aboba
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 9:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [eap] RE: Notification survey

- EAP-Notification can be sent at any time. There are no checks done
when the EAP-Notification arrives.

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

---

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

Language is not the same as location. Just because I'm located in Paris,
France doesn't mean I want my Notifications sent in French, n'est pas?