Subject: [eap] WIRE1x V1.0

From: "Yu-Ping Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:52:13 +0800

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

We are pleased to announce the release of WIRE1x Version 1.0. In 
addition to MD5, WIRE1x supports TLS, TTLS, and PEAP now. Both source 
code and executable code can be downloaded from 
http://wire.cs.nthu.edu.tw/wire1x/ 

What is WIRE1x? 

The WIRE1x is an open source implementation of IEEE 802.1x client 
(supplicant) developed by the Wireless Internet Research & Engineering 
(WIRE) Lab. The IEEE 802.1x standard defines a port-based network access 
control to authenticate and  authorize devices interconnected by various 
IEEE 802 LANs. IEEE 802.11i also incorporates 802.1x as its 
authentication solution for 802.11 wireless LANs. 

The implementation of WIRE1x is based on the Open1x. Open1x supports 
Linux. Many users at National Tsing Hua University however are using MS 
Windows. They need a 802.1x client software to access to the campus 
wireless LANs. We therefore develop the WIRE1x to support various 
versions of MS Windows. Currently, the WIRE1x supports Windows XP 
(without service pack and with service pack), Windows 2000, Windows Me, 
and Windows 98. It provides several EAP authentication methods, 
including MD5, TLS, TTLS, and PEAP. It works with freeRADIUS. It 
supports the WLAN cards we have tested now (Please see "Compatible 
Hardware"). Both source code and executable code can be downloaded from 
http://wire.cs.nthu.edu.tw/wire1x/. 

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap