Subject: [eap] (fwd) I-D ACTION:draft-bersani-eap-psk-02.txt

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:44:46 +0300

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The EAP-PSK Protocol: a Pre-Shared Key (PSK) EAP Method
	Author(s)	: F. Bersani
	Filename	: draft-bersani-eap-psk-02.txt
	Pages		: 70
	Date		: 2004-6-16
	
This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
    method for mutual authentication and session key derivation using a
    pre-shared key (PSK).
    This PSK is used by a unique underlying cryptographic primitive, a
    block cipher, which is instantiated with AES-128.
    EAP-PSK provides a secure communication channel within EAP in case
    the authentication is successful. This channel is used to implement
    protected result indications and may be used by future extensions.
    EAP-PSK is designed to be easy to deploy and well-suited for
    authentication over insecure networks such as IEEE 802.11.
    It is proposed as a replacement for MD5-Challenge.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-psk-02.txt
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap