Subject: [eap] Inner Application Extension in EAP smartcards

From: Pascal Urien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:38:14 +0200

Dear All,

  The IETF draft draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-01.txt defines
   the TLS "Inner Application" extension. From a security point of view 
cryptographic operations
  are based on an 'Inner Secret', whose value is

inner_secret = PRF(inner_secret,
                          "inner secret permutation",
                          SecurityParameters.server_random +
                          SecurityParameters.client_random +
                           session_key_material) [0..48];

  This value could be computed by an EAP-TLS smartcard and then given back 
to the host via
  a new specific command  like GET_INNER_SECRET

   The resulting advantage will be, to authenticate the user, and then to 
produce the Inner Secret, in
  order, for example, to perform the TNC protocol presented by John 
Vollbrecht during the last
   IETF meeting

  Any comment on that proposal ?

Pascal
www.infres.enst.fr/~urien/openeapsmartcard

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap