Subject: [eap] [eap-keying] TSK

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 01:07:22 -0400

In section 2.1:

"
Transient Session Keys (TSKs)
     Session keys used to protect data exchanged between the peer and
     the authenticator after the EAP authentication has successfully
     completed.  TSKs are appropriate for the lower layer ciphersuite
     negotiated between the EAP peer and authenticator.  Examples of TSK
     derivation are provided in Appendix D.
"

I think that ports should be the consumers of the TSKs.  The text may
be revised something like:

"
Transient Session Keys (TSKs)
     Session keys used to protect data exchanged between a port of the peer and
     a port of the authenticator after the EAP authentication has successfully
     completed.  TSKs are appropriate for the lower layer ciphersuite
     negotiated between the ports of the EAP peer and authenticator.
     Examples of TSK derivation are provided in Appendix D.
"

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap