Subject: [eap] Authenticator versus AAA client

From: "Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:47:49 -0500

Hi folks,

We are struggling to understand the true definition of EAP pass-through
authenticator and how it differs from a AAA client. So here are some
functions that we have in mind, we are trying to understand what
function fits where:

AAA client functionality:
Run AAA protocol with AAA server.
Receive authorization info  from AAA server

EAP pass-through Authenticator
Understand EAP success/ failure, but not EAP request/ responses.

Things we need but not sure where to fit? Authenticator or AAA client?
Converting EAP/link layer to EAP/AAA? I would say this is AAA client.
Receiving master keys from AAA server? Yes, EAP keying defines this as
authenticator, but it would seem that this is AAA client, since keys are
sent over AAA protocol.

Any guidance?

Thanks,

Madjid Nakhjiri

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap