Subject: [eap] EMU BOF

From: Thomas Otto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:10:20 +0100

Hi all!

Regarding the EMU BOF on Thursday. 

It is widely accepted that there is need for more standardized EAP 
methods. Also for an pre-shared key based method.

Florent Bersani has done a lot of work in this direction, and although 
this has been in early 2004, the analysis is still up-to-date.

The respective I-Ds are  

1) draft-bersani-eap-synthesis-sharedkeymethods-00.txt 
e.g. available here:
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-bersani-eap-synthesis-sharedkeymethods/

2) draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate-00.txt
e.g. available here:
ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate/

A second note. Although we agree that a pre-shared key EAP method must
be standardized, it is to discuss which features this method has to offer.

I have collected my thoughts on this issue and put them into slides,
available here
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013790/IETF64-EMU-PresharedKeyMethods.pdf
and the source
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013790/IETF64-EMU-PresharedKeyMethods.ppt

Probably they motivate a discussion at the EMU BOF. 

Thomas

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap