Subject: [eap] HITBSecConf2006 - Malaysia: Call for Papers

From: Praburaajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:49:37 +0800

Greetings from Hack in The Box -- We are pleased to announce that the
Call for Paper (CfP) for HITBSecConf2006 - Malaysia is now open! Set to
take place from September 18th - 21st 2006 at The Westin Kuala Lumpur,
this years conference promises to once again deliver an International
deep-knowledge security conference. HITBSecConf has been described as
"the most intimate of hacker gatherings" and is the largest network
security conference in Asia!
SUBMISSION
HITBSecConf is a deep-knowledge technical conference. Talks that are
more technical or that discuss new and never before seen attack methods
are of more interest than a subject that has been covered several times
before. Summaries not exceeding 250 words should be submitted (in plain
text format) to cfp -at- hackinthebox.org for review and possible
inclusion in the programme.
Submissions are due no later than 1st of May 2006

TOPICS

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:

· Analysis of network and security vulnerabilities
· Firewall technologies
· Intrusion detection
· Data Recovery and Incident Response
· GPRS, 3G and CDMA Security
· Identification and Entity Authentication
· Network Protocol and Analysis
· Smart Card Security
· Virus and Worms
· WLAN and Bluetooth Security.
· Analysis of malicious code
· Applications of cryptographic techniques,
· Analysis of attacks against networks and machines
· Denial-of-service attacks and countermeasures
· File system security
· Security in heterogeneous and large-scale environments
· Techniques for developing secure systems

PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept product or vendor related pitches. If your
talk involves an advertisement for a new product or service your company
is offering, please do not submit.

Your submission should include:

* Name, title, address, email and phone/contact number
* Draft of the proposed presentation (in PDF or PowerPoint format),
proof of concept for tools and exploits, etc.
* Short biography, qualification, occupation, achievement and
affiliations (limit 150 words).
* Summary or abstract for your presentation (limit 250 words)
* Time (45-60 minutes including time for discussion and questions)
* Technical requirements (video, internet, wireless, audio, etc.)

Each non-resident speaker will receive accommodation for 3 nights at The
Westin Kuala Lumpur. For each non-resident speaker, HITB will cover
travel expenses (through our airline partner, Malaysia Airlines) up to
USD 1,000.00.
HITBSecConf2006 CTF Daemons/Flags

As part of our annual conference, HITB organizes an attack and defense
"hack-game" commonly referred to as “Capture The Flag” or CTF. As part
of our continued efforts to improve on the game and raise the bar each
year, we are inviting speakers to contribute a daemon and exploit for
this years CTF competition. For further details on the submission
process, kindly e-mail dinesh -at- hackinthebox.org or ctfinfo -at-
hackinthebox.org.

On behalf of The HITB Team, we thank you and look forward to receiving
your submissions! See you guys in September!

HITBSecConf2006 - Malaysia: Deep-Knowledge Network Security 
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/hitbsecconf2006kl/ 
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2006kl/

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap