Subject: [eap] Issue 341: Editorial NITs

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:18:45 -0800

Issue 341: Editorial NITs
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date Submitted: March 23, 2006
Reference:
Document: Keying-10
Comment type: E
Priority: S
Section: 6,7, Appendix A
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Some NITs:

Appendix A does not include references to each of the EAP methods that
are described. These should be added to Appendix A as well as the
reference list.

The IANA Considerations section is null; nowadays the RFC Editor deletes
these empty sections, so might as well remove it entirely now.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:07:31 -0800

> are described. These should be added to Appendix A as well as the

Ok.

> these empty sections, so might as well remove it entirely now. 

It isn't necessarily a bad idea to have a section that says there are
no IANA considerations. IANA will find it easier to determine that
it has nothing to do... Since we already have this in the document,
I'd suggest leaving it in. Even if RFC editor takes it out.

--Jari

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:35:25 -0800

>I'd suggest leaving it in. Even if RFC editor takes it out.

Yes.  I also noticed that IDNits check fails if it is removed.  I'll leave 
it in.