Subject: RE: [eap] Volunteers for Expert Review of EAP-SAKE?

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:46:25 -0800

Here is what RFC 3748 says:

   For registration requests where a Designated Expert should be
   consulted, the responsible IESG area director should appoint the
   Designated Expert.  The intention is that any allocation will be
   accompanied by a published RFC.  But in order to allow for the
   allocation of values prior to the RFC being approved for publication,
   the Designated Expert can approve allocations once it seems clear
   that an RFC will be published.  The Designated expert will post a
   request to the EAP WG mailing list (or a successor designated by the
   Area Director) for comment and review, including an Internet-Draft.
   Before a period of 30 days has passed, the Designated Expert will
   either approve or deny the registration request and publish a notice
   of the decision to the EAP WG mailing list or its successor, as well
   as informing IANA.  A denial notice must be justified by an
   explanation, and in the cases where it is possible, concrete
   suggestions on how the request can be modified so as to become
   acceptable should be provided.

So the Designated expert is appointed by the AD (typically based on a list 
of potential recruits).  The Expert then posts the decision to the EAP WG 
(or designated successor).

>From: "Glen Zorn (gwz)" <[email-masked]>
>To: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
>Subject: RE: [eap] Volunteers for Expert Review of EAP-SAKE?
>Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:41:23 -0800
>
>Bernard Aboba <mailto:[email-masked]> supposedly scribbled:
>
> > We have a received a request for an RFC 3748 Type Code Review of the
> > EAP SAKE specification.  The specification is available here:
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderveen-eap-sake-00.txt
> >
> > If you would like to volunteer as the Expert Reviewer, please send me
> > a note.
>
>Just out of curiosity, shouldn't this really have gone to emu?
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>~gwz
>
>Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
>   listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: "Glen Zorn (gwz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:41:23 -0800

Hope this helps,

~gwz