Subject: [eap] EAP-POTP expert review (?)

From: Magnus Nyström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:53:06 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)

Dear All,

With this email, I would like to ask for assistance in finding an expert 
to review

draft-nystrom-eap-potp-04

(available at: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-eap-potp-04.txt)

prior to asking for its publication as an informational RFC.

The document describes a framework for use of OTP methods in EAP, and 
contains a profile of the framework for the RSA SecurID OTP algorithm. 
Further profiles for other OTP algorithms are expected.

Since the framework does not need an EAP method type identifier of its 
own, and the RSA SecurID profile already has an EAP method type 
identifier, a Designated Expert review is not strictly necessary, but such 
a review would still be valuable.

Thanks,
-- Magnus

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:21:09 -0800

Magnus --

To be clear, you are not asking for an EAP Type-Code allocation, correct?  
If not, then you do not need an RFC 3748-style review of your specification.

Is it your intent to request publication of EAP-POTP as an Informational RFC 
via the individual submission or AD-sponsored route?

My understanding is that for the case of unsponsored individual submissions, 
determination of the expert is now handled by the RFC Editor, not the IETF.  
So even if the EAP WG were to review your method, you'd still have to deal 
with the RFC Editor review in addition.

We are quite willing to find a volunteer reviewer, but before doing that we 
want to make sure that this will help you achieve your goal.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:53:06 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
From: Magnus Nyström <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: EAP-POTP expert review (?)

Dear All,

With this email, I would like to ask for assistance in finding an expert to
review

(available at:

The document describes a framework for use of OTP methods in EAP, and 
contains a
profile of the framework for the RSA SecurID OTP algorithm. Further profiles 
for
other OTP algorithms are expected.

Since the framework does not need an EAP method type identifier of its own, 
and
the RSA SecurID profile already has an EAP method type identifier, a 
Designated
Expert review is not strictly necessary, but such a review would still be
valuable.

Thanks,
-- Magnus