Subject: [eap] Issue: EMSK Transport

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:47:20 -0700

Submitter name: Vidya Narayanan
    Submitter email address: [email-masked]
    Date first submitted: 5/01/2006
    Reference: 
    Document: Keying Framework
    Comment type: 'T'echnical
    Priority: '1' Should fix 
    Section: 2
    Rationale/Explanation of issue: 
The section says "The EMSK MUST NOT be transported by the AAA layer."
Given that the EMSK usage is currently undefined, it is not clear if it
will be the AAA layer that derives further keys from the EMSK. In fact,
doing so will create disparate behavior at the peer and server, since
the peer does not have a AAA layer. Although this topic is pending
discussion, it seems restrictive to say MUST NOT here. It does make
sense, however, to say that the EMSK MUST NOT be transported to
additional parties.  
    
    Requested change:

Delete the sentence "The EMSK MUST NOT be transported by the AAA layer".

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap