Subject: [eap] Issue: Channel Binding Definition Section 1.2

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:23:51 -0700

Submitter name: Vidya Narayanan
    Submitter email address: [email-masked]
    Date first submitted: 5/01/2006
    Reference: 
    Document: Keying Framework
    Comment type: 'T'echnical
    Priority: '1' Should fix 
    Section: 1.2
    Rationale/Explanation of issue: The document defines channel binding
as a communication within an EAP method - this seems a bit restrictive,
given that channel binding information could be carried out-of-band as
well. The only requirement is that the information be integrity
protected between the peer and server. 
    
    Requested change:
Change wording to: 

"The communication of integrity-protected
     channel properties such as endpoint identifiers which can be
     compared to values communicated via out of band mechanisms (such as
     via a AAA or lower layer protocol)."
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap