Subject: [eap] Issue: section 2.1 AAA key caching

From: "Salowey, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:25:39 -0700

Submitter name: Joe Salowey
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 05/02/06
Reference: 
Document: Keying Framework
Comment type:  T
Priority:  2  
Section: 2.1
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The Current draft states that keys may not be cached once transported. I
am wondering if this is too restrictive.  Perhaps keys will be cached
for session recovery and availability purposes.  

Suggested Text:

 "In order to avoid key reuse, the AAA layer SHOULD delete transported
  keys once they are sent.  The AAA layer SHOULD NOT retain keys that
  it has previously sent.  For example, a AAA layer that has
  transported the MSK SHOULD delete it.  If the AAA layer does cache an
MSK
  then the use of TSKs derived from the MSK MUST prevent key reuse. "

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:50:00 -0700

Hi Joe,

I don't understand the last sentence: "If the AAA layer does cache an 
MSK then the use of TSKs derived from the MSK MUST prevent key reuse. "

The rest of the text looks good and covers the robustness 
considerations you bring up.

regards,
Lakshminath