Subject: [eap] Issue: Definition of Session-Id, Peer-Id, Server-Id for EAP PAX and EAP-PSK

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:04:25 -0800

Issue : Definition of Session-Id, Peer-Id, Server-Id for EAP PAX and EAP-PSK
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date Submitted: November 19, 2006
Reference:
Document: KEYING-15
Comment type: Technical
Priority: S
Section: Appendix A
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Appendix A defines the Peer-Id, Server-Id and Session-Id for existing EAP 
methods, including EAP TLS, EAP SIM, EAP AKA.  However, it appears that 
there are some EAP methods currently in the RFC Editor Queue that do not 
define these parameters.  So either the specs need to be updated in AUTH48, 
or Appendix A needs to be updated to provide the required information:

Here is the status on EAP method specifications now in the RFC Editor Queue:

EAP-SAKE (draft-vanderveen-eap-sake-02.txt): Defines Method-Id, also defines 
Peer-Id and Server-Id
EAP-POTP (draft-nystrom-eap-potp-07.txt):  Defines Method-Id, also defines 
Peer-Id and Server-Id
EAP-PSK (draft-bersani-eap-psk-11.txt): Does not appear to define 
Method-Id/Session-Id, Peer-Id or Server-Id
EAP PAX (draft-clancy-eap-pax-11.txt):  Does not appear to define 
Method-Id/Session-Id, Peer-Id or Server-Id

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:55:50 -0500

As I mentioned in the HOKEY/EMU thread, PAX has them defined.  If their 
definition is insufficient, then let me know.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  |  [email-masked]  |  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy