Subject: [eap] Section 2.1 Garbling

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:42:07 -0700

Issue: Section 2.1 Garbling
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date Submitted: May 23, 2007
Reference:
Document: NETSEL-07
Comment type: Editorial
Priority: S
Section: 2.1
Rationale/Explanation of issue: Section 2.1 paragraph 2 currently states: "   RFC 2194 [RFC2194] describes the pre-provisioning of dialup roaming
   clients, which typically included a list of potential phone numbers,
   updated by the provider(s) with which the client had a contractual
   relationship.  RFC 3017 [RFC3017] describes the IETF Proposed
   Standard for the Roaming Access eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
   Document Type Definition (DTD).  This covers not only the attributes
   of the Points of Presence (POPs) and Internet Service Providers
   (ISPs), but also hints on the appropriate NAI to be used with a
   particular POP.  The XML DTD supports dial-in and X.25 access, but
   may not receive the same set of authorizations from the home AAA
   server and therefore may not have the same set of services available." The last sentence of this paragraph does not make sense because theXML DTD does not deal with AAA authorizations.  Here is how this paragraph read in -06: "   RFC 2194 [RFC2194] describes the pre-provisioning of dialup roaming
   clients, which typically included a list of potential phone numbers,
   updated by the provider(s) with which the client had a contractual
   relationship.  RFC 3017 [RFC3017] describes the IETF Proposed
   Standard for the Roaming Access XML DTD.  This covers not only the
   attributes of the Points of Presence (POPs) and Internet Service
   Providers (ISPs), but also hints on the appropriate NAI to be used
   with a particular POP.  The RFC supports dial-in and X.25 access, but
   has extensible address and media type fields." I suspect would suggest that the last sentence should state: "The XML DTD suports dial-in and X.25 access, but has extensibleaddress and media type fields."  

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap