Subject: [eap] RFC 5247 on Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key Management Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5247

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key 
                    Management Framework 
        Author:     B. Aboba, D. Simon,
                    P. Eronen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      79
        Characters: 193535
        Updates:    RFC3748

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eap-keying-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5247.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748,
enables extensible network access authentication.  This document
specifies the EAP key hierarchy and provides a framework for the
transport and usage of keying material and parameters generated by
EAP authentication algorithms, known as "methods".  It also provides
a detailed system-level security analysis, describing the conditions
under which the key management guidelines described in RFC 4962 can
be satisfied.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Extensible Authentication Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap