Subject: RFC 3124 on The Congestion Manage

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:16:11 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3124

        Title:	    The Congestion Manager
        Author(s):  H. Balakrishnan, S. Seshan
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       June 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 53591
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecm-cm-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3124.txt

This document describes the Congestion Manager (CM), an end-system
module that:
 
(i) Enables an ensemble of multiple concurrent streams from a
sender destined to the same receiver and sharing the same
congestion properties to perform proper congestion avoidance and
control, and
 
(ii) Allows applications to easily adapt to network congestion.

This document is a product of the Endpoint Congestion Management
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.