Subject: Rack in the wall and calls the proprietor's attention to it. In this case the manufa

From: Vorce Grof <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 14:58:49 +0200

no suspicion attached.
>From the moment the casket of pearls was last seen by the countess

until their loss was discovered, every moment of Andrews' time was
accounted for. His alibi was perfect and he was quite prominent in the
unsuccessful quest of the thief." "The pearls were not recovered,
then?" "No. The whole affair is still a mystery. My friend in Vienna, a
pearl merchant

like myself, assisted Andrews in his endeavor to

discover the thief and,
being much impressed by the young man's personality, sent me this
photograph, asking me to meet
him, as I have told you, when he reached America." "Is his home in
this country?" "New York knows him, but knows nothing of his family or
his history. He is popular there, spending money freely and bearing the
reputation of an all-around good fellow. On
his arrival there, a year ago, he led a gay life for a few days and
then suddenly disappeared.
No one knew what had become of him. When I found him here, under
the name of A. Jones, the disappearance was solved." "I think," said
Uncle John, "you are laboring under a serious, if somewhat natural,
mistake. The subject of this picture

is like A. Jones, indeed, but he is older and his expression
more--more--"

"Blase and sophisticated," said Patsy. "Thank

you, my dear; I am no dictionary, and if those are real words they may
convey my meaning. I feel quite sure, Mr. Le Drieux, that the story of
Andrews can not be the story of

young Jones." Le Drieux took the picture and replaced it in his pocket.
"To
err is hum