Subject: RE: [Ecrit] requirements

From: "James Winterbottom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:38:00 +1100

Hi Brian,

Just so I am clear, and you know my feelings about authenticated location,
ECRIT is concerned with the routing of a call to a PSAP. Are you saying that
authenticated location would be a factor in routing decisions, or a call
acceptance policy at the PSAP? If it is the latter, then its scope is border
line, if it is the former then I see this as clearly in scope. At an
absolute minimum we have a requirement that we can trust the source of the
location, though how we ascertain that trust may be more of a GeoPriv thing.

Cheers
James

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Brian Rosen
Sent: Friday, 25 March 2005 9:11 AM
To: Marc Linsner; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] requirements

Excuse me, but in the security considerations we will have to discuss 
the effects of a fraudulant, modified, or replayed location used for 
emergency routing.  I can't imagine not making a signed location a MUST, 
even with a general discussion of the difficulty of getting a good 
cert.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit