Subject: [Ecrit] requirements

From: "Ken Carlberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:18:26 -0500

At the minneapolis-IETF, there were several presentations on proposed
requirements that pertain to the ECRIT charter.  in addition, a person
in the audience thought that prioritization should be part of the 
effort...at which point several people seemed to run to the microphone
to say words to the effect of "no, that is definitely not going to be 
the case for ECRIT"

since this subject of prioritization also came up at the washinton-ietf,
I was wondering if it may be worthwhile advocating a statement in an
ECRIT requirements document that *authorization* of the service by users 
is *not* a requirement.  negative statements can be just as constructive
as positive statements.

the need for authorization is one way I tend distinguish efforts that 
fall within the scope of the IEPREP wg versus those that fall within
ECRIT.  perhaps stating this in the next version of a unified(?)
requirements document may be helpful.

-ken

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit