Subject: Re: AW: [Ecrit] requirements

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:53:40 -0600

At 07:24 PM 3/23/2005 +0100, Tschofenig Hannes wrote:

>maybe we just have a terminology problem here. i think that we need to
>provide authentication in order to provide authorization and accountability.

Are you authorized to place a 911 call with your IP phone when you're in 
the US?

How exactly is this going to be accomplished (even in general)? And what 
does that have to do with routing the set-up messages to the correct ECC 
(which is ECRIT's charter)?

I do not believe these very useful attributes are within ECRIT's current 
charter, so they shouldn't be the focus of so many messages on this list.

>ciao
>hannes

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit