Subject: [Ecrit] D1

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:21:35 -0400

The mapping information MUST be available without having to use a  
service provider.

Motivation: The mapping server may well be operated by a service  
provider, but access to the server offering the mapping MUST NOT  
require use of a specific ISP or VSP.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:33:51 -0700

>The mapping information MUST be available without having to use a 

Would "enroll with a service provider" be clearer?  I think we're trying
to say that you don't need to have a business relationship with the service
provider in order to do the mapping, but "use a service provider" is
a bit ambiguous.
		regards,
			Ted

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:36:21 -0400

Yes, that would work.