Subject: [Ecrit] Interim meeting - location information

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 20:52:17 -0400

The interim meeting will be held on Monday and Tuesday in the  
Columbia "Interschool Lab", on Wednesday in the "CS conference room".  
You can find directions at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/directions.html

The Interschool Lab is on the 7th floor; there are markers on the  
wall. You do not need to get a badge or other identification. The CS  
conference room is on the 4th floor of the computer science building.  
The receptionist in the department office can direct you.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:14:54 -0500

At 08:52 PM 5/12/2005 -0400, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
>Columbia "Interschool Lab",

Which building is this "Lab" in? The gif file 
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/indiv/map/campus.big_plan.html
on the webpage you sent below lists the campus layout from a Library point 
of view (which is fine), but it doesn't list a "lab" or a "conference room".

Is the "Lab" in the Schipiro Center on W. 120th st? If so, which is about 
the best entrance for us to look for (i.e. "in the middle of the building 
on 120th st"?).

I assume the conference room is in the Computer Science Building just south 
of the  S.W. Mudd Engineering Building on Amsterdam Ave. Correct?

If this is correct, is about the best entrance for us just south of 120th 
st (on Amsterdam Ave) in the middle of that building? Or is the entrance on 
120th st itself?

going back to school... I don't want to be late for the professor...  ;-)

thanks for any guidance

>on Wednesday in the "CS conference room".

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.

                      Alas, few *truths* exist without the math.

                             ...all else is a matter of perspective

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 17:25:44 -0400

James M. Polk wrote:
> on the webpage you sent below lists the campus layout from a Library 
> point of view (which is fine), but it doesn't list a "lab" or a 
> "conference room".

The lab is in the Schapiro Center for Engineering and Physical Science 
Research (CEPSR), as you guessed correctly.

> 
> Is the "Lab" in the Schipiro Center on W. 120th st? If so, which is 
> about the best entrance for us to look for (i.e. "in the middle of the 
> building on 120th st"?).

If you're taking the subway, best to walk through campus towards the 
north end. Otherwise, CEPSR does have an entrance on 120th Street, 
marked with wrought iron gates that you'd need to be Spiderman to climb. 
(Yes, Spiderman was "born" at Columbia, at least in the movie...)

> 
> I assume the conference room is in the Computer Science Building just 
> south of the  S.W. Mudd Engineering Building on Amsterdam Ave. Correct?

Right.

> 
> If this is correct, is about the best entrance for us just south of 
> 120th st (on Amsterdam Ave) in the middle of that building? Or is the 
> entrance on 120th st itself?

You can either walk through campus or take the "Mudd Building" entrance 
on 120th Street.

We will try to have signs up for those needing extra civic or geo 
coordinates.