Subject: [Ecrit] Location Validation defn and L9 re-write (to include others)

From: "Abbott, Nadine B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:27:27 -0400

Roger,
 
Proposed new text for the ecrit requirements document, as requested.

Definition of Location Validation (to support L6)

	Location validation refers to a process to determine whether or
not a given civic location is valid or not.  A location is said to be
valid if it can be mapped exactly to a unique emergency address for a
PSAP, known to the emergency services directory/mapping database.

L9  re-write to include various other related requirements

	L9.  The mapping protocol MUST be extensible to allow for the
inclusion of new location fields.
	Motivation: This is needed, for example, to accommodate future
extensions to location information that might be included in the
PIDF-LO.

Nadine
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit