Subject: RE: [Ecrit] Terminology section - directory/directory svc.

From: "Roger Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:33:27 -0700

All:
I noticed that in the current requirements draft, there is a reference
to "directory" within the basic actors, (section 3).  Since there was no
definition for this term in the Terminology section, I have changed the
term to "Directory Service", and have supplied the following text in
hopes that it matches current thought:

Directory Service: A network service which uses a distributed 
directory protocol to provide information about the PSAP, 
or intermediary which knows about the PSAP, and is used 
to assist in routing an emergency call.

The security draft makes a reference to "directory" pointing to this
doc, so I want something listed here as a basis.

Comments welcome.

Roger Marshall.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:13:59 -0400

How does this differ from the mapping service?