Subject: [Ecrit] Pre-Call (time) Routing (PCR)

From: "Marc Linsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:08:23 -0400

The subject of routing an emergency call prior to the time of actual
call-setup execution was pointed out during the discussion of
draft-polk-dhc-uri-00 (now 01).  My goal with this message is to spark
discussion wrt this function more in depth to come to a resolution as to PCR
applicability.

To date, there has been discussion points on both sides of this issue.  To
summarize:

- The LCMS MUST be referenced at call time in order to utilize the freshest
mapping data.

- In the event of a LCMS failure, having a cache of the mapping data could
prevent call failure.

Several architectural questions come to mind, a few of which are:

- Is it feasible to both cache the mapping data (perform PCR) and require (a
MUST) a LCMS transaction at call time?

- If the UA/proxy were to cache the PCR data, would this solve requirement
R5? (Minimum connectivity)

- What is the most efficient entity to deploy the LCMS PCR/realtime
client(s)?  What is the easier to implement?

Thoughts?

-Marc-

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit