Subject: [Ecrit] NENA Comments on draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-00 - Indentifying Emergency Calls

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:57:24 -0400

NENA has reviewed draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-00, and specifically has
compared them to the draft-rosen-nena-ecrit-requirements-00.  We commend the
author of the ecrit draft for merging many conflicting source documents.  We
have a number of comments.  I have broken them up relatively arbitrarily by
topic to keep the email threads more relevant, but there is no significance
to the topic.

Requirement A1 is not sufficient, because it does not include the step of
disseminating the local emergency dial code ("9-1-1" "1-1-2", etc) and
provide for the mapping of the local code to the universal identifier.
Need at least one, and possibly two additional requirements: 

Requirement A1c is not specific enough.  First of all, we need to
distinguish a universal identifier from forms of QoS marking.  A1c may imply
QoS marking, when some other form of marking was intended.  This should be
clarified.  Finally, we DO think QoS marking is a requirement, and we think
that applies separately to the session signaling and the packets in which
signaling and media are sent.  

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit