Subject: [Ecrit] NENA Comments on draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-00 - Security and Reliability

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:15:42 -0400

More <delayed> comments from NENA: 

Our requirement 3.6-16: Information and mechanisms used to determine routing
must be extremely reliable and available, which implies redundancy, protocol
stability, and resiliency is not adequately addressed by I8.  Resilience
against server failure: A client MUST be able to fail over to another
replica of the mapping server, so that a failure of a server does not
endanger the ability to perform the mapping.  We also don't think this
adequately addresses 3.8-1: There shall be no single point of failure or
3.8-3: Special consideration should be given to distributed Denial of
Service of Service attacks.  We recognize this is part of the security
issues being covered in another document.

We do not find something that covers our requirement 3.6-17: Routing
information must be secured against unauthorized modification.  PSAPs (or
perhaps a higher level civic authority such as a county, state/province or
national body) or their designated representative must be the only entities
permitted to change routing information.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit