Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT (LoST) and draft-daigle-unaptr-00.txt

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:47:20 -0400

Hi Leslie,

the ECRIT working group is working on an XML-based protocol for mapping 
service identifiers and geospatial or civic location information to 
service contact URIs. You can find the document at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-01.txt

Based on your review of the Service URN draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-05.txt
we have moved the DNS-based LoST discovery procedure to the LoST 
protocol draft. The described solution builds on your document
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daigle-unaptr-00.txt

Here is the problem: We normatively depend on your document. The ECRIT 
milestones indicate that we need to finish the work on the mapping 
protocol by November 2006.

Hence, we would like to ask you to accelerate your work on 
draft-daigle-unaptr-00.txt. When can you finish the document?

If you cannot finish it very soon then we need to start thinking about a 
different solution.

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:37:40 -0400

Hi Hannes,

I don't think there would be a real problem for me to finish
U-NAPTR in that timeframe (i.e., to the IESG by San Diego).

I was primarily waiting for input (from various interested
parties, not just the ECRIT WG) on the question of whether
to write it as an update of S-NAPTR or a completely new DDDS
application.  I believe I have a reasonable fallback plan
for how to handle that, if I get no further comments.

Thanks,
Leslie.