Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 5069 on Security Threats and Requirements for Emergency Call Marking and Mapping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:14:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5069

        Title:      Security Threats and Requirements for 
                    Emergency Call Marking and Mapping 
        Author:     T. Taylor, Ed.,
                    H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne,
                    M. Shanmugam
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26230
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-security-threats-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5069.txt

This document reviews the security threats associated with the
marking of signalling messages to indicate that they are related to
an emergency, and with the process of mapping locations to Universal
Resource Identifiers (URIs) that point to Public Safety Answering
Points (PSAPs).  This mapping occurs as part of the process of
routing emergency calls through the IP network.

Based on the identified threats, this document establishes a set of
security requirements for the mapping protocol and for the handling
of emergency-marked calls.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with 
Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit