Subject: [Ecrit] draft-rosen-ecrit-premature-disconnect-rqmts-00.txt

From: Marc Linsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:20:37 -0400

I have objection with:

³PD-5  When PD-1 is enforced, the caller must not be able to place another
call until the PSAP allows the call to be released.
     Rationale:  Priority must be given to the PSAP until such time the call
taker determines the call can be terminated.²

I strongly disagree with this requirement.  Joe Citizen could very well have
a more important call to establish than continuing his conversation with the
PSAP.  If the intent is for the PSAP call taker to be able to re-establish
communication with the caller, that can be done without bricking the UA.

³PD-6  All Media and signaling streams flowing between the caller and call
taker must be maintained to the extent needed for rapid reconnection.
     Rationale:  Media and signaling resources must be available as soon as
the user re-answers.²

This rationale and the requirement don¹t match.  Rapid reconnection does not
require the original session to be maintained.

-Marc-
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Clive D.W. Feather" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:18:16 +0100

Marc Linsner said:
> PSAP.

In particular, you see an accident happen, stop, and phone the emergency
services. While it's still ringing, someone says that they've already
reported it and people are on their way. You might as well hang up rather
than waste the operator's time.

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[email-masked]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[email-masked]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
THUS - a Cable and Wireless business
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit