Subject: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch: Comment by Jari

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:12:11 +0300

https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch/com
ment/78008/

-----------------

Commented by:	Jari Arkko	
Comment:	Christian Vogt's review: 

This document describes an architecture for location based service
discovery.  The architecture resolves location information into URLs. 

The document is well written and about ready for publication. 

One thing that I would have wished as a reader is more clarity on the
organization of mapping information at the beginning of the document.
The described architecture uses "forest guides" and trees of LoST
servers for mapping resolution.  It would be helpful for the reader if
the document would define forest guides as the top level of a single
conceptual hierarchy, which, at lower levels, branches into what is
called "trees" in the document. 

A smaller nit:  The reader may wonder why the forest guides in figure 1
are interconnected.  It may be worthwhile to explicitly state that these
connections symbolize the optional synchronization protocol that may be
executed between them.	

-----------------

I am not sure how to address the first comment. On the second comment, I
think it is reasonable to mention the synchronization protocol executed
between the FGs with a pointer to the IETF draft. 
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit