Subject: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch: Discuss by Russ

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:12:02 +0300

https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch/com
ment/78013/

-----------------

Commented by:	Russ Housley	
Comment:	
  Looking at http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/info-exp.html 
  (especially Guideline 3), I wonder why this is not Experimental.	

-----------------

When reading that document then the document status should be
experimental. When considering how people would typically perceive an
experimental document then it should be informal. I fear that nobody
knows nor has ever read the above-mentioned document. 

I suggest to leave it informational. 
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:49:58 -0400

Can the WG chairs please convey this to the AD/Russ Housley? I suspect  
their opinion carries more weight than the author's...

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:49:29 +0200

Hi Russ, 

I wonder whether you had a strong opinion about your DISCUSS. We would
like to stay with the document type of informational rather than
switching to experimental. 

While many of us in the group do not have a strong opinion about the
document type (information vs. experimental) the chairs believe that
labeling a document as experimental in this space of emergency services
might give the audience from other organizations that are not so
familiar with the details of the IETF process a very different
perception, namely one that this stuff is by no means ready for
deployment. 

Ciao
Hannes 

>Can the WG chairs please convey this to the AD/Russ HousleyI 
>suspect their opinion carries more weight than the author's...
>

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:24:26 +0200

Thanks. 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: ext Russ Housley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: 30 October, 2008 17:21
>To: Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)
>Cc: ECRIT; ext Henning Schulzrinne
>Subject: RE: [Ecrit] draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch: Discuss by Russ
>
>I cleared my DISCUSS on 2008-02-21.  I'm quite confused by this query?
>
>Russ
>
>
>At 04:49 AM 10/30/2008, Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
>>Hi Russ,
>>
>> >Can the WG chairs please convey this to the AD/Russ 
>HousleyI suspect 
>>https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch/
>> >c
>> >> om
>> >> ment/78013/
>> >>
>> >> -----------------
>> >>
>> >> experimental document then it should be informal. I fear that 
>> >> nobody knows nor has ever read the above-mentioned document.
>> >>