Subject: [Ecrit] LoST Caching Question

From: "Avery Penniston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:05:36 -0600

I had a question regarding cached mappings in LoST that perhaps someone
here can enlighten me.

With regards to the request location, a LoST server that has a cached
mapping will return that mapping if either:

1.) The request 'location' element exactly matches the cached mapping's
original request 'location'.
OR
2.) The request 'location' element intersects with the cached mapping's
service boundary.

I'm trying to understand whether it was intended to use literal text
comparison of the request location to the original request location, or
whether caching is supposed to try and match the request location with
the cached mapping's service boundary and shouldn't care about the
original request that generated the cached mapping.

Avery Penniston - Software Developer
GeoComm Inc.
601 W. Saint Germain St., Saint Cloud, MN 56301
Office: 320.240.0040 Fax: 320.240.2389 Toll Free: 888.436.2666
click here to visit www.geo-comm.com