Subject: [Ecrit] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-forte-lost-extensions-00

From: Andrea G Forte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:57:32 -0400

Dear all,

we have submitted a new draft on LoST extensions. As per previous 
discussion in the working group this draft has been submitted as an 
individual submission. You can find the abstract below.

The following changes have been made:
- A "served by" query has been added for all those services with a 
service region (e.g., pizza delivery).
- We make use of other shapes such as the elliptic shape for finding 
services in the direction of movement that is, neither at the user's 
current location nor at his final destination.
- We define new elements in a new name-space for the new types of queries.
- Various clarifications and improvements.

Any comment on this draft would be much appreciated.

URL: http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-forte-lost-extensions/

Regards,
-Andrea

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-forte-lost-extensions-00
Date: 	Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-forte-lost-extensions-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Andrea Forte and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-forte-lost-extensions
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) Extensions
Creation_date:	 2010-03-31
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 18

Abstract:
An important class of location-based services answer the question
"What instances of this service are closest to me?"  Examples include
finding restaurants, gas stations, stores, automated teller machines,
wireless access points (hot spots) or parking spaces.  Currently, the
Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol only supports mapping
locations to a single service based on service regions.  This
document describes an extension that allows queries of the type "N
nearest", "within distance X" and "served by".

The IETF Secretariat.