Subject: [Ecrit] Ecritdroid - the NG911 / NG112 app

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:29:16 -0400

Hey all,

Just wanted to make people aware of Ecritdroid, a little Android app I  
wrote during the last Emergency Services Workshop that uses the  
Android location platform and the ECRIT calling architecture to enable  
IP emergency calling. (If the PSAPs are reachable!)

Basically, the app pulls location information from the hardware and  
does the LoST queries to find emergency services contacts and  
dialstrings, then when someone dials an emergency number (911, 112,  
etc.), presents them with a list of ways to contact the PSAP over IP.   
Compiled version and source code available on Google Code:
<http://ecritdroid.googlecode.com/>

As the websites says: USE WITH CAUTION.  This is not designed to be  
used for real emergency calls, and if your LoST server is provisioned  
with mappings that use the default dial strings for your area  
(911/112), then this app could make it more difficult for you to place  
an  actual emergency call to one of those numbers.  (It's also kind of  
hard on batteries, FWIW, because it polls LoST far too often.)

Anyway, hope this is useful to people,

--Richard