Subject: [Ecrit] phonebcp-19 missing two edits

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:58:15 -0400

I apparently managed to screw up versions and dropped two edits I had made.  A -20 should appear shortly.  That will:
a) Change ED-1 to meet a DISCUSS raised by Stephen Farrell.  ED-1 will read:
ED-1 A device or application that implements SIP calling SHOULD
   support emergency calling. Some jurisdictions have regulations
   governing which devices need to support emergency calling and
   developers are encouraged to ensure that devices they develop
   meet relevant regulatory requirements. Unfortunately, the
   natural variation in those regulations also makes it impossible
   to accurately describe the cases when developers do or do not have
   to support emergency calling.

b) Add some text in front of section 6.5 that talks about the conflicts between end system measured and access network provided location to address a concern raised by Pete Resnick:
Obtaining location from the access network may be preferable even if the device can measure its own location, especially indoors where most measurement mechanisms are not accurate enough.  This sections requirements do not apply to devices that can accurately measure their own location.

Brian

---

From: "Andrea G. Forte" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:51:45 -0400

Brian,

Regarding point b, who decides what "accurately measure" means? Is it
already discussed somewhere else?

Thanks,
-Andrea

On 9/6/11 10:58 AM, "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I apparently managed to screw up versions and dropped two edits I had
>made.  A -20 should appear shortly.  That will:
>b) Add some text in front of section 6.5 that talks about the conflicts
>between end system measured and access network provided location to
>address a concern raised by Pete Resnick:
>Obtaining location from the access network may be preferable even if the
>device can measure its own location, especially indoors where most
>measurement mechanisms are not accurate enough.  This sections
>requirements do not apply to devices that can accurately measure their
>own location.
>
>Brian
>_______________________________________________
>Ecrit mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit