Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:17:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Validation of Locations Around a Planned Change
        Author          : Brian Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to LoST (RFC5222) that allows a
   planned change to the data in the LoST server to occur.  Records that
   previously were valid will become invalid at a date in the future,
   and new locations will become valid after the date.  The extension
   adds two elements to the <findservice> request: A URI to be used to
   inform the LIS that previously valid locations will be invalid after
   the planned change date, and add a date which requests the server to
   perform validation as of the date specified.  It also adds an
   optional Time-To-Live element to the response, which informs clients
   about the current expected lifetime of the validation.  This document
   also provides a conventional XML schema for LoST, as backwards
   compatible alternative to the RelaxNG schema in RFC5222

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:47:01 -0500

This version introduces a major change: it includes a xml schema replacing the RelaxNG schema in RFC5222.  It then extends that.

We have quite a lot of implementations of RFC5222 and we have most have had trouble with the RelaxNG schema.  Their tools didn’t work, and their staff had no experience.  NENA went to the trouble of creating an equivalent XML schema.  I’ve incorporated a derivation of that into this document.  Peter St Andre and I have gone over it, and we believe it’s an accurate rendition of the RelaxNG schema.

Brian

> On Mar 5, 2018, at 5:17 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit