Subject: [Ecrit] Protocol Action: 'Changing the LoST Location Profile Registry Policy' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 13:04:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Changing the LoST Location Profile Registry Policy'
  (draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy-02.txt) as Proposed
  Standard

This document is the product of the Emergency Context Resolution with
Internet Technologies Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Francesca Palombini.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy/

Technical Summary

   This document changes the policy of the Location-to-Service
   Translation (LoST) Location Profile registry established by RFC5222
   from Standards Action to Specification Required.  This allows
   standards development organizations (SDOs) other than the IETF to add
   new values.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough? 

Document Quality

  Nothing was noted. Consensus was straightforward, including
  several participants (mostly tied to NENA) provided a positive
  response for the question of whether this draft should be adopted
  as a WG item, with a couple of participants doing a thorough
  review with comments as noted in the Acknowledgements section.

Personnel

    Who is the Document Shepherd?         Roger Marshall
    Who is the Responsible Area Director? Murray Kucherawy