Subject: [Ecrit] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:07:22 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 4

   IANA is requested to change the policy of the Location-to-Service
   Translation (LoST) Location Profile Registry (established by
   [RFC5222]) to Specification Required.  The expert reviewer is
   designated by the responsible area director.  The reviewer should
   verify that:

(nit) per RFC 8126, the DE is "appointed by the IESG, normally upon
recommendation by the relevant Area Director", which is not quite
aligned with the "designated by the responsible area director" text used
here.

---

From: "Randall Gellens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:31:38 -0700

On 23 Mar 2021, at 13:07, Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker wrote:

> Please refer to 
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your review.  I'm happy to change:

The expert reviewer is designated by the responsible area director.

to:

The expert reviewer is designated per [RFC8126].

--Randall