Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 10:51:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Validation of Locations Around a Planned Change
        Author          : Brian Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-10-11

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Location to Service
   Translation (LoST) protocol (RFC5222) that allows planned changes to
   the data to be handled smoothly.  This extension is only useful with
   the validation function of LoST.  It is beneficial for LoST
   validation clients to be aware of planned changes, as records that
   previously were valid may become invalid at a known future date, and
   new locations may become valid after the date.  This extension adds
   an element to the <findService> request: a date that allows the LoST
   client to request that the server perform validation as of the date
   specified.  It adds an optional Time-To-Live element to the response,
   which informs clients of the current expected lifetime of a
   validation.  It also adds a separate interface to the LoST server
   that allows a client to poll for planned changes.  Additionally, this
   document provides a conventional XML schema for LoST, as a backwards
   compatible alternative to the RelaxNG schema in RFC5222.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-planned-changes-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 13:57:55 -0400

Because we don’t seem to have any consensus on how to decide notify vs polling, I have provided an -05 version with the polling interface.  Even though I personally prefer the notification mechanism in prior versions, I really want to get this done, I know we can make polling work, and if this gets us going, I’m okay.

This version includes most of the edits Randal suggested and other edits as requested.

The polling interface is described with OpenAPI 3.0, which our NENA participants are familiar with.  I included the same version mechanism we use in NENA interfaces.

Brian

> On Oct 11, 2021, at 1:51 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Dwight Purtle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:42:15 -0500

Here is a list of minor edits I suggest for the planned-changes-05 draft.
None of these suggested edits affects the functions described by the
document.

Page 5, first paragraph, twelfth line and following (in the sentence
beginning with "On the other hand..."), change "whoose" to "whose", and
change "past" to "passed".

Page 5, first paragraph, last sentence, change "recieve" to "receive", and
change "ChangSets" to "ChangeSets".

Page 5, last paragraph, tenth line, change "non-mandatory-to use" to
"non-mandatory-to-use".

Page 7, Section 6, second line, change "exected" to "expected".

Dwight Purtle

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 12:52 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit
>