Subject: AS2 Press Release

From: "David Fischer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:05:47 -0600

FYI.  This is being released today.

David Fischer
Drummond Group

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For Immediate Release:

Seven Vendors complete First Secure EDI over the Internet (based on HTTP)
Conformance Validation Test under UCC sponsorship
“Important Step in Enabling eBusiness,” says co-author of the AS2 spec,
Rik Drummond of Drummond Group, Inc.

Austin, TX; December 20, 2000.  The Uniform Code Council (UCC), a leading
global standards organization, and Drummond Group today announced that
bTrade.com, Compaq Computer Corporation, Cyclone Commerce, IPNet Solutions,
Netfish Technologies, Sterling Commerce and webMethods, Inc. have achieved
mutual interoperability by passing the first B2B AS2 Conformance Validation
Test.  This draft standard allows vendor applications to communicate EDI
data over the Internet (via HTTP) in a secure manner.

COMPANIES			PRODUCTS
bTrade.com			SecureAccess2000, EDIINT engine vs. 1.38
Compaq			Compaq ASx Transport Service (CATS), vs 2.0
Cyclone Commerce		Cyclone Interchange, vs 3.1
IPNet Solutions		eBizness™ Transact 3.3
Netfish Technologies		XDI Product Suite, vs 4.2
Sterling Commerce		E-Marketplace Enabling Services, vs 3.3
webMethods, Inc.		webMethods B2B™, vs 3.6

“AS2 gives a company the ability to exchange data in real time in a secure
manner over the Internet to other AS2 interoperable companies.  Using this
technology, gives a high return on investment to a company,” says Rik
Drummond, CEO of the Drummond Group who managed the testing process.  “It
will greatly decrease the cost of doing business in EDI and one can expect
savings of 60% or more over traditional VAN costs.”

Drummond Group, who also facilitated the testing process for three years of
AS1 testing, has been instrumental in bringing a new level of
interoperability to EDI over the Internet products.  Their test process
provides a venue for vendors to test and correct their software systems in a
non-competitive environment.  “In our experience, we found that testing
against a single implementation is not as effective as testing among the
participating vendors,” says Beth Morrow, Vice President Drummond Group.
“The vendors are able to gain much more insight on their product’s
functionality in the marketplace and in this way ensure interoperability.”
Another round of testing is planned for the year 2001.

Drummond Group, Inc. (www.drummondgroup.com) provides B2B strategy, research
analysis, and industry pilot facilitation. Founded by Rik Drummond, a
recognized leader in eBusiness and international standards organizations,
the group represents best-of-breed in the industry on horizontal
infrastructure technologies and standards which support B2B commerce.  Key
areas include XML, Internet EDI, PKI, EAI, architecture, integration,
interoperability and B2B business models. Drummond Group offers an
integrated vendor neutral approach that concentrates on the intersection of
technology, business processes, and culture of an organization to build
strategy that reduces risk, lowers cost, and fosters e-Business.  Contact:
[email-masked], 512-335-5606.

Uniform Code Council  (www.uc-council.org) The Uniform Code Council, Inc.
(UCC) is a not-for-profit standards development organization originally
founded in 1972. The UCC, along with its global partner EAN International,
administers the EANUCC System, which includes Universal Product Code
(U.P.C.) and other tools to facilitate efficient global trade.  The EANUCC
System is used by over 850,000 member companies worldwide. The UCC functions
as a primary resource for business and industry, developing worldwide
identification codes, data carriers, and electronic commerce.