Subject: ISADS 2001 Call for Participation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:36:57 -0600 (CST)

(* our apologies if you receive multiple copies *)

                    ISADS 2001 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                  The Fifth International Symposium on
                    Autonomous Decentralized Systems

                  Monday March 26 - Wednesday March 28, 2001
                         Dallas, Texas, USA

                     http://isads.utdallas.edu

Sponsored by:

                         IEEE Computer Society 
              Information Processing Society of Japan 
        The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers of Japan 
    The Institute of Electronics, Infor. and Communication Engineers, Japan 

In Cooperation with:

             International Federation for Information Processing 
             International Federation of Automatic Control 
                             OMG 
                            TINA-C 
          Manufacturing Science and Technology Center, Japan 

Scope: 

Driven by the continuous growth in the power, intelligence and openness of
computer, communication and control technologies, possibilities and
opportunities for realizing highly efficient and dependable business and
control systems have been steadily increasing.  Dynamically changing
social and economic situations demand next-generation systems based on
emerging technologies and applications. Such systems are expected to have
the characteristics of living systems composed of largely autonomous and
decentralized components. Such systems are called Autonomous Decentralized
Systems (ADS).

After four successful symposiums, the Fifth International Symposium on
Autonomous Decentralized Systems (ISADS)  will be held in Dallas, Texas,
USA during March 26-28, 2001. While ISADS 2001 will primarily focus on
advancements and innovation in the ADS concept, technologies and
applications related to the increasingly important topic of *Electronic
Commerce* are also included.

The symposium features 13 paper sessions and seven panel sessions, whose
titles are below.

In addition to the paper and panel sessions, the following events have
been organized.

   * Reception (March 26)
   * Banquet (March 27) 
   * A tour and dinner at the famous Southfork Ranch of Dallas (March 28). 
   * A plant tour of two telecommunication companies in the Dallas area, 
     Alcatel and Nortel (March 29).

For general information, including registration, see our World-Wide Web
Page at:

                 http://isads.utdallas.edu

Important Deadlines:

   *March 1, 2001 - Deadline for early registration 
   *March 2, 2001, 5:00 p.m. central time - 
           Any reservation at the conference hotel 
           received after the cut-off date will be accepted based on 
           space availability 

Paper Sessions:

   *E-commerce Models and Protocols 
   *High Assurance Systems 
   *Fault Tolerance and Safety Critical Systems 
   *Architecture and Models for Distributed Systems 
   *E-commerce Technology and Architecture 
   *Distributed Object Management Systems 
   *Short Papers: Distributed Object Management and Control 
   *Multiagent systems 
   *Middleware Technologies 
   *Agent Technology for E-commerce 
   *Self Stabilizing Systems 
   *Secure Systems and Applications 
   *Modeling and Performance 

Panel Sessions:

   *XML and E-Business Frameworks 
   *Agent-Based Electronic Commerce: Opportunities and Challenges 
   *Embedded Systems 
   *Mobile Computing and Communication 
   *Robotics for Education and Entertainment 
   *Security for the Web and E-Commerce Systems 
   *Plenary closing panel: Future of Autonomous Decentralized Systems