Subject: VANS routing of EDI Interchanges

From: Richard Redlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 08:13:13 +0200

Ref: draft-ietf-ediint-req-09.txt

In a project in Sweden we are about to implement secure EDI solutions
based on S/MIME. 
Since routing of EDI interchanges are stil very common and
interoperability between users using the Internet and users using VANS
are needed, problems concerning this issue is on our table.

As mentioned in section 2.4 of the referenced document we are looking
for a practical solution whereby information in the UNB segment, such as
sender's and recierver's logical addresses and EDI message type from the
UNH segment, are pullled out and made "visible" for the VANS.

Have this problem been addressed before and do you know of companies
that have found a solution ? If yes, how have they done it ? Is this
issue a working point in the EDIINT Working group ?

I would be grateful of any answer or hints of people to contact.

Richard Redlund
Elektronisk handel PEBS AB ( jointly owned by Sweden Post and
TietoEnator )
phone +46 709 801099
fax +46 8 402 3866