Subject: Protocol Action: MIME-based Secure EDI to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:19:22 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'MIME-based Secure EDI'
<draft-ietf-ediint-as1-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard. 

This document is the product of the Electronic Data
Interchange-Internet Integration Working Group. The IESG contact
persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes how to securely exchange EDI and other
   business related documents using MIME and public key cryptography.
   The existing S/MIME and PGP mechanisms for securing message content
   are employed, as is the existing facility for message disposition
   notifications (RFC 2298). A message disposition notification
   extension field is defined to support signed receipts.

Working Group Summary
 
    These documents are products of the EDIINT working group.
     
Protocol Quality
 
    These documents were reveiwed by Ned Freed for the IESG.

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 07:15:01 -0700

><draft-ietf-ediint-as1-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

wow.  congrats!

d/

----------
Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850