Subject: RFC 3335 on MIME-based Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data Interchange over the Internet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:52:44 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3335

        Title:	    MIME-based Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data
                    Interchange over the Internet
        Author(s):  T. Harding, R. Drummond, C. Shih
        Status:	    Standards Track
	Date:       September 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 59687
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ediint-asl-17.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3335.txt

This document describes how to exchange structured business data
securely using SMTP transport for Electronic Data Interchange,
(EDI - either the American Standards Committee X12 or UN/EDIFACT,
Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce and
Transport), XML or other data used for business to business data
interchange.  The data is packaged using standard MIME content-types.
Authentication and privacy are obtained by using Cryptographic Message
Syntax (S/MIME) or OpenPGP security body parts.  Authenticated
acknowledgements make use of multipart/signed replies to the original
SMTP message.

This document is a product of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet
Integration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

---

From: "Yukinori Saito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:58:32 +0900

Dear members of EDIINT,

Congratulations that EDIINT as1 becomes RFC.
If anyone has some information about the followings, please let me know.

What company or industry has adopted EDIINT as1 or as2?
What company or industry is going to adopt EDIINT as1 or as2?
How many companies or industries adopted or are going to adopt EDIINT as1 or
as2?

If you have a bit of information about above, it is very valuable
information for us.
We (ECOM in Japan) is studying B2B standards and implementations in the
world, and we will inform these information to industries and It vendors in
Japan.

Thanks in advance,
Yukinori Saito
------------------------------------------------------
Yukinori Saito
Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan (ECOM)
E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: +81-3-3436-7542    Fax: +81-3-3436-7570
------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <IETF-Announce:>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 8:52 AM
Subject: RFC 3335 on MIME-based Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data

        RFC 3335

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

...