Subject: Working Group Progress

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:51:06 -0400

Earlier today I had a chance to speak with Rik Drummond, EDIINT working
group chair.  We discussed the future of this group given that there has
been no evidence of activity on this mailing list for quite some time.  If
work is being done it's not being done here, and that's a problem.

Earlier this year, Rik and I discussed a charter update which included
submission of the AS3 document to the IESG by December 2005.  In our
conversation today Rik and I came to an agreement that your progress on this
document will determine if the group continues or not.  That is, if the
milestone is not met the group WILL be closed as a result of inactivity and
this missed milestone unless there are some really extenuating
circumstances.

Normally, one missed milestone isn't a big deal.  However, the lack of
participation in this group has me deeply concerned.  IETF standards require
evidence of community consensus; they can't happen if there's no community
or no consensus.  You, the members of this working group, must demonstrate
that both exist, and to meet your December deadline you really need to start
wrapping things up NOW.

Let's get this work finished!

-Scott-
EDIINT Area Advisor