Subject: RE: AS3 Discusion - Abstract

From: "Dale Moberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:00:21 -0700

I am attaching some editorial changes that need to be made prior to
submission of the draft (however it is administratively handled)

The idnits tools at

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/idnits.pyht

is useful for editorial checks on Internet-Drafts.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
  * The document seems to lack an IANA Considerations section.
  * The document seems to lack separate sections for
Informative/Normative
    References.

      [Claims RFC 2026 conformance...]

  * Looks like you're using RFC 2026 boilerplate. Better change to RFC
    3978/3979.

  Checking nits according to
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
    Nothing found here (but these checks do not cover all of
    1id-guidelines.txt yet).

Also the tools complains about line length and weird spacing numerous
times.

tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(58): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(60): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(76): Line has weird spacing: '... and
be  clear...'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(119): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(121): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(180): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(182): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(241): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(243): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(299): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(302): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(304): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(363): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(365): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(380): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'y'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(403): Line has weird spacing:
'...quested  howev...'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(404): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'h'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(415): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'E'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(424): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(426): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(454): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'r'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(485): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(487): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(522): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ')'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(527): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '].'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(529): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ge'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(540): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(546): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(548): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(607): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '0]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(609): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(631): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'er'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(668): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '1]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(670): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(683): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'd'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(689): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ue'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(707): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'f'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(709): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(712): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'on'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(718): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 's'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(720): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ta'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(729): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '2]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(731): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(761): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'he'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(790): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '3]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(792): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(826): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 't'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(837): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(842): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ed'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(851): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '4]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(853): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(856): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'g'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(881): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(898): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'y'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(912): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '5]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(914): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(937): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ce'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(938): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'd'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(944): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(945): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'is'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(949): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ed'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(955): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ed'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(958): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'at'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(965): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(973): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(975): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(977): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'DN'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1019): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 's:'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1021): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'd'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1034): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '7]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1036): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1040): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '8'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1044): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'a'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1047): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '.'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1050): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1051): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '.'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1053): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1059): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 's'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1065): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1071): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1075): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1076): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'l'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1080): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1085): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'y'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1088): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 't'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1095): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '8]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1097): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1156): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '9]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1158): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1163): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1207): Line is too long: the offending
characters are ']'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1217): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '0]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1219): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1261): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'r.'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1278): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '1]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1280): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1334): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'is'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1337): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ir'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1339): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '2]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1341): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1355): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ct'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1374): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'r.'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1400): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '3]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1402): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1461): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '4]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1463): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1522): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '5]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1524): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1545): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1546): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 't'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1568): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1583): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1585): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1593): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1597): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'g'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1604): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'y'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1623): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '.'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1633): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1634): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1635): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'ng'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1636): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'nd'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1644): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '7]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1646): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1695): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1699): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 's'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1701): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '95'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1705): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '8]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1707): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1766): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '9]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1768): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1827): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '0]'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1829): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1848): Line has weird spacing: '...ed
with  proto...'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1852): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1858): Line is too long: the offending
characters are 'f'
tmp/draft-ietf-ediint-AS3-04.txt(1864): Line is too long: the offending
characters are '1]'

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Terry Harding
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: AS3 Discusion - Abstract

Since the AS3 document has been discussed extensively off this list, I
will be submitting each individual section of the document for review
and comments. 

Please forward any suggestions of changes to the list.

*****************************
Abstract

  This Applicability Statement (AS) describes how to exchange structured
  business data securely using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) for XML,
  Binary, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI - ANSI X12 or UN/EDIFACT), or
  other data used for business-to-business data interchange for which
  MIME packaging can be accomplished using standard MIME content-types.
  Authentication and data confidentiality are obtained by using
  Cryptographic Message Syntax (S/MIME) security body parts.
  Authenticated acknowledgements employ multipart/signed replies to the
  original message.

******************************

Thanks

Terry Harding
Cyclone Commerce Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Scott Hollenbeck
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Moving AS3 forward.

Speaking as your Area Director, and referencing this message:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-ediint/mail-archive/msg01777.html

I am glad to finally see some discussion on this mailing list.  However,
you
all need to be aware that simple statements of "I support moving this
forward" aren't sufficient to develop standards in the IETF.  You need
to
actually do the design work on this working group mailing list, too!

I was encouraged to see the message from Guillaume Colombier describing
a
potential technical issue.  Whether or not this document moves forward
depends on how you all deal with comments like that one.  If you discuss
it
here and decide on a solution here I may consider a working group
request
for publication as a proposed standard.  If nothing happens here I can
tell
you right now that I will not support a request to publish AS3 as a
Proposed
Standard.  The best I will be able to do is to consider publication as
an
Informational RFC documenting the work of some organization that took
place
outside the IETF.

Remember, IETF standards MUST be developed in the IETF.

-Scott-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:10:34 +0100

Dear mr. Moberg,

My name is Harry Bakker of MOL Europe , the Netherlands/

For whatever reason I am receiving several messages regarding your " AS3
discussion".

I already checked with my own mail administrator but we cannot trace what
is causing
the distribution of the messages to included myself.

Although I have no idea whether the information you are sending is
confidential , I am sure
it is not in the interest for both of us that I continue to receive these
messages.

Thank you in advance for checking with your mail administrator what could
be the cause.

Kind regards,
Harry Bakker
Manager European EDI
MOL Europe
mail:[email-masked]
tel : +31 10 2013 111
fax: +31 10 2013 196

Postal address:
MOL (EUROPE) B.V.
Hofhoek 7
3176 PD
Poortugaal
The Netherlands

             "Dale Moberg"                                                 
             <dmoberg@cyclonec                                             
             ommerce.com>                                               To 
             Sent by:                  "Terry Harding"                     
             owner-ietf-ediint         <[email-masked]>,     
             @mail.imc.org             <[email-masked]>               
                                                                        cc 
                                                                           
             10-11-2005 18:00                                      Subject 
                                       RE: AS3 Discusion - Abstract        

                                                                           

The idnits tools at

-----Original Message-----

Thanks

Terry Harding
Cyclone Commerce Inc.

-----Original Message-----

-Scott-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:33:30 +0100

Mr. Moberg,

That's nice , I get a copy of my own message returned by
"[email-masked]".
Perhaps that is where you should start looking .

Kind regards,
Harry Bakker
MOL Europe

             Harry.Bakker@mol-                                             
             europe.com                                                    
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             owner-ietf-ediint         "Dale Moberg"                       
             @mail.imc.org             <[email-masked]>       
                                                                        cc 
                                       [email-masked],                
             11-11-2005 09:10          [email-masked],     
                                       "Terry Harding"                     
                                       <[email-masked]>      
                                                                   Subject 
                                       RE: AS3 Discusion - Abstract        

                                                                           

Dear mr. Moberg,

Kind regards,
Harry Bakker
Manager European EDI
MOL Europe

Postal address:
MOL (EUROPE) B.V.
Hofhoek 7
3176 PD
Poortugaal
The Netherlands

             "Dale Moberg"
             <dmoberg@cyclonec
             ommerce.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "Terry Harding"

             10-11-2005 18:00                                      Subject

The idnits tools at

-----Original Message-----

Thanks

Terry Harding
Cyclone Commerce Inc.

-----Original Message-----

-Scott-

---

From: Jesse Sightler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:50:39 -0500

Hi Harry,

Instructions are at http://www.imc.org/ietf-ediint/index.html

Thanks,
Jess